Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to AMS on Monday for a boost guage install and to have them look the car over. In early November I will be leaving them the car for a week to make the 3'' turboback with a cat and twin exiting tips to replace the fake looking ones. Prices will be a little higher than The CP-E. I will keep anyone informed who is interested. And as I posted before those of you not familliar with AMS they have built some of the world's fastest Evo's

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will take pics after done, again car won't go into shop until Nov 6th.
They are going to make it to where you can order it too.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Are there any intensions to run a before and after dyno run to see the gains?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Will take pics after done, again car won't go into shop until Nov 6th.
They are going to make it to where you can order it too.
[/b]
No sorry, any pics of the boost guage install. As for the turboback maybe I could come see it when its done. AMS is only 20 mins away from me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Works out great. I get a raise at work, and AMS starts into the Speed 6 market...
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
AMS has a serious problem... they don't know when to stop.... and 8 second EVO that actually tracks around a road course... I mean come on :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Be careful removing those rings in the rear bumper. They are aluminum and they actually protect the bumper from the heat friom the tailpipes. I considered removing them when I had my custom 3" catback made, but the exhaust shop recommend I keep the rings to protect the bumper.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Bump.... they just put down 762WHP in an SRT4 with some stock parts still on it...
[/b]

that much power in a Front wheel drive? talk about MASIVE TQ Steer! lol you'll be spinning the front ATLEAST through 4th....
-the MS3 is suppos to have massive TQ steer with 260HP... but 762? holy shit.....
street legal or no?

·
Registered
364 Posts
nice, AMS is located in my hometown

definitely interested in a dual exit setup myself

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I said this in another thread:

The best way would be to have the 3" midpipe enter a single large muffler, with dual 2 3/4" exits. Put the muffler in front of the axle and pipe the dual from the exits to the bumper.

·
Registered
561 Posts
why 2 3/4 after the muffler? why not 3 inch? i was thinking 3 inch all the way with a muffler before the split and then a hi flow muffler to replace the stock ones on either side.
oh yea... ams is some pimp shit... but im getting tired of waiting.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That would be good if you can find a 1-in / 2-out muffler with all 3".

·
Registered
353 Posts
That would be good if you can find a 1-in / 2-out muffler with all 3".
[/b]
Magnaflow. Other places as well. They are quite easy to find.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts