Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just bought a new 2021 Mazda6 GT Reserve this past Monday. Just passed 150 miles and getting to know the car. I considered a bunch of other sedans/hatches and decided the Mazda6 was a good compromise in performance, luxury and cost. We are also a Mazda family with a Miata ND 30th anniversary (my toy), CX-5 (wife), and Mazda3 (daughter)..... so you can likely tell that I am a big Mazda fan... espectially the Miata!

I have noticed an early issue with the infotainment system losing the ability to play music - SirusXM, regular FM and Apple Car Play. Today, after receiving a phone call via Apple Car play (via wireless) - I was unable to play music. Scroll to the sources, select a source and nothing would play. I shut the car off and the system apparently rebooted and everything started working again. Similar issues have happened a couple of times. I also had an issue where the left channel would stop working. I think this might have been somehow related to pushing the NAV button on the console which brought up Google Maps via Car Play. I was able to get the left channel working again by switching back to Google Maps... this step cleared the problem. Strange.

I am thinking that MAYBE my infotainment software is down level. Just a theory as I don't think my dealer did any real pre-delivery work/instpections. No windshield fluid....etc.... and the checklist wasn't used.... like I have seen with other cars.

What version is the most recent for the below? Any feedback regarding these issues?

My current installed versions:
OS - 74.00.210 NA N
Music Database - 00.09.000

Thanks in advance for the insights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking that MAYBE my infotainment software is down level. Just a theory as I don't think my dealer did any real pre-delivery work/instpections. No windshield fluid....etc.... and the checklist wasn't used.... like I have seen with other cars.

What version is the most recent for the below? Any feedback regarding these issues?

My current installed versions:
OS - 74.00.210 NA N
Music Database - 00.09.000

Thanks in advance for the insights.
Yes it does look like they didn't do PDI, AFAIK the latest NA version is 74.00.230 , and this Mazda TSB, mentions on page 2 that updating it, might fix the issues you are experiencing.

Rectangle Font Circle Art Handwriting

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Welcome to the forum :D

@Byakuya, what's the danger of clicking links like this? I don't see anything else in one of the links but just an explanation about how to enter in the router.

Here on this side of the world, a scam is running like this:

1. They send you a text message saying that you have been approved or is given the opportunity to work from home with a competitive salary.

2. A link is provided in that message.

3. If you click the link, you will be directed to Whatsapp.

I didn't bother to continue and to know what will happen if I were to contact the said person.

In this article, it explains how the scam works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my new Mazda6 updated to the latest infotainment system -- so far, so good.... with no crashes.

Thanks again for all of the feedback .... very helpful!

·
Super Moderator
18,309 Posts
@Byakuya, what's the danger of clicking links like this? I don't see anything else in one of the links but just an explanation about how to enter in the router.

Here on this side of the world, a scam is running like this:

1. They send you a text message saying that you have been approved or is given the opportunity to work from home with a competitive salary.

2. A link is provided in that message.

3. If you click the link, you will be directed to Whatsapp.

I didn't bother to continue and to know what will happen if I were to contact the said person.

In this article, it explains how the scam works.

Without going into the nitty gritty of my daily job, it's not just the end result you need to worry about, but the path you took to get there. The links may direct you somewhere, but you might touch a dozen other places before you get there. These types of things, if not outright malicious, tend to be more like the phantom calls to your cell. They're not always looking to get you on the line, just to test if there's someone there.

Knowing that there's a computer on the other end with a user clicking things, gives them a means and reason to get to you because it's easier than probing everything on the internet individually (which would get you banned/blacklisted also).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts