Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought a Performance White Mazda 6 yesterday, and am glad to see there is an active forum for us owners. I have some questions to ask, hopefully all you owners can assist.

1. Is there a way to enable to the car to unlock all the doors when you unlock with the keyless remote?

2. Is there a way to enable to turn signals to flash three times when lane changing?

Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
110 Posts
congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! i can hopefully answer at least the 1st question. with my 2008 remote, if i want only the drivers door unlocked i push the button once. if i want all the doors unlocked i push the unlock button 2 times successively. as for your 2nd question, i'm not sure i understand what you mean. maybe someone else will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome Brian. I currently have to press unlock twice to open all the doors, is there a way to program it so it opens all the doors with only 1 push of the button? And also, in my other car, which is a BMW 328 coupe, when you tap the stalk on the steering colum, it will automatically flash three times to pass someone on the highway. Is there a way to get the 6 to do that also?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Brian. I currently have to press unlock twice to open all the doors, is there a way to program it so it opens all the doors with only 1 push of the button? And also, in my other car, which is a BMW 328 coupe, when you tap the stalk on the steering colum, it will automatically flash three times to pass someone on the highway. Is there a way to get the 6 to do that also?
Check in your owners manual, If I remember well it's an option that need to be programmed at the dealer.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
The turn signal option is a "personality" setting.

If you purchased a new Mazda 6 sGT the dealer should have given you a card that lists several options that you can program or change on your Mazda. The turn signal option is one. But the dealer must program it via a Mazda laptop via the main CPU. I got it done for my car and love it.

And yes hitting your key fob unlock button twice will unlock all doors. Also hitting unlock twice in rapid succession and holding on the second press will open both front windows and the sunroof. I liek that feature a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for your reponses. I figured I had to go to the dealer, I was just kind of hoping someone had a "DIY" solution. But the car is stil a blast to drive!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts