Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased from private party only 2-1/2 weeks ago, primarily because of low miles for an '05 (only 27K), relatively good condition, and a seemingly good price-- $8800. Both Carfax and Autocheck show no indication of odometer rollback (although their reports not foolproof).

Anyway, I'm somewhat pleased with the vehicle (good balance of agile handling and compliant ride), but I have an annoying problem that prevents me from really enjoying the vehicle.

I have a wavering speed sensation when both accelerating and maintaining a constant throttle at crusing speed (between 30-60 mph). Also, with the A/T in Drive at approx. walking speed and no accelerator pedal, the car has that same wavering motion or described more accurately at this slow speed, a jerky movement somewhat like the shimmy sensation you get when you feel uneven brake rotors when applying brakes.

I've found reference to several Mazda 6 TSB's that might address my problem related to a rough or uneven idle, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have the actual TSB's that might apply and could you please post them (or any other advice to help me solve my problem).

:confused:

Thanks,
Mazda 6 newbie

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,550 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After reading Mr. Tea's Sticky How To: "Cleaning the MAF Sensor" in this front of this forum, I suspect the procedure might help in reducing or eliminating my problem?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i'd try that first.

if the problem persists, then reset your ecu and see if it stays. this will tell you if it's a tune issue, or something outside of that. i'd imagine resetting your fuel trims might fix the issue, but i never recommend doing more than one "fix" at a time, or you'll never know what the issue was.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No, the problem is related to fluctuating engine RPM's, especially when I am in Drive at stopped position with no foot on acceleratior pedal nor brake pedal & the car SOMETIMES (at least half the time) has a jerky motion related to fluctuating engine rpm's. Overall the accelator is VERY TOUCHY!

If I could take the applicable TSB (which one?) to Mazda dealer service, even though the car is out of warranty, they might give me a break on the price for the remedy outlined in the TSB, or at least minimize the chance of a mis-diagnosis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts