Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

Just last week i purchased a new mazda 6 GTv6 sport sedan (black onyx). Very happy with the car but do miss my 2002 RSX typeS.

I have a question i'm not all 2 crazy about the sport grill on the 2006 i find it looks less aggressive, but if you look at the asian and europen websites there 06 sport grill is much diffrent then ours here in north armerica. see pic below. Is there a way we can order the grill and the front shirt?

heres the euro and asian sport grill (which looks more aggressive)

north american sport grill

here is the front airdam skirt

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
You are correct, but I do not think that it will fit. I have been told by someone that used to work at showcase mazda that they are different fitments.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct, but I do not think that it will fit. I have been told by someone that used to work at showcase mazda that they are different fitments.
[/b]

thanks for the reply

why wouldn't it fit there both 2006 models

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
There are minor difference in regions in hood and bumper shapes. While it would probably fit, it probably wouldn't fit flush. Take, for example, how the grill in this picture fits with the hood -- i.e. not very well:

Or, another similar example. Euro models had foglights in the bumpers of their Sport versions from 03-05. They look like this:

They look virtually identical to our Sport bumper here:

But the foglights, despite looking like they would fit, don't.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like the euro pic the best. Asian version is good also but for some reason euro one is nice.

Too bad it wasn't a straight fit. I'd switch it after a couple years or after my warranty ran out. Then I can enjoy the regular stock for a while and the new look..

I like the recessed lower grill...similar to that of the 05 grill being recessed in a bit. The side skirts on the euro look different also..not like the 05's but more lower profile a bit.

The new grill on the euro/asian version looks like the North American's Speed6 grill. Why not see if you can order the speed6 grill and put it on there. Looks agressive.

In fact, I wonder if you can replace the hood and grill. Looks more agressive. I originally didn't like the new 06 sports grill but now as I mention to everyone..you get used to it.

:) For now! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
generalinq
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing