Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sent out a bunch of emails to a bunch of diff. dealers offering 16k out the door for a 06 6i w/ the 5 speed sports automatic transmission and side and side curtain airbags. invoice is 19.4k on the car, so w/ the 2.5k rebate, thats 16.9k, i took another 900 dollars off.

is this an ok/decent deal, can i go lower and/or squeeze in more options?

thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
I just sent out a bunch of emails to a bunch of diff. dealers offering 16k out the door for a 06 6i w/ the 5 speed sports automatic transmission and side and side curtain airbags. invoice is 19.4k on the car, so w/ the 2.5k rebate, thats 16.9k, i took another 900 dollars off.

is this an ok/decent deal, can i go lower and/or squeeze in more options?

thanks
[/b]
Not an expert on buying Mazdas (god knows I paid A LOT for my MS6), but you're trying to get a car invoiced at 19.4 for pretty much less than 15k +fees and taxes and all that...not sure if that's going to fly.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I got my '05 6i manual for a little over 17k tax, tag and title. $17,203

If you can do better than 16k, go for it but that's not a bad deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one of the dealers responded back to me and said that the cheapest they would go is a little over 17k out the door. he said that 16k out the door would be for a hub cap car. what does this mean? im really confused.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
one of the dealers responded back to me and said that the cheapest they would go is a little over 17k out the door. he said that 16k out the door would be for a hub cap car. what does this mean? im really confused.
[/b]
This means it doesn't have the Convenience Package, $1000 MSRP. It includes the 17" alloy wheels, alarm system, and 8-way power driver's seat. You said you only wanted side airbags and automatic anyway initially, yes? You can get auto and side airbags without the Convenience Package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This means it doesn't have the Convenience Package, $1000 MSRP. It includes the 17" alloy wheels, alarm system, and 8-way power driver's seat. You said you only wanted side airbags and automatic anyway initially, yes? You can get auto and side airbags without the Convenience Package.
[/b]
ahh, ok, now that makes sense. yeah, i don't need nor want the convenience package, i have no use for it. the only feature i would want is the bose/moon roof package but i doubt i can do that and still squeeze out 16.5k out the door. we will see

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
ahh, ok, now that makes sense. yeah, i don't need nor want the convenience package, i have no use for it. the only feature i would want is the bose/moon roof package but i doubt i can do that and still squeeze out 16.5k out the door. we will see[/b]
Not gonna happen. Mazda ordering requires you order the Convenience Package to get the Bose/Moonroof package on the base 6i sedan. If you want the Bose/Moonroof and side airbags, you might think about paying a little extra for the 6i Sport. It just adds the spoiler, fog lights, body skirts, the Convenience Package, and the tinted head- and tail-lamps to the base sedan.

·
Registered
446 Posts
[/b]
I'm no new car bargainer but I think he can do better than that. A little over 17k means you are paying a little over invoice minus rebates. With the 07s on the way, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get invoice or a little under (before rebates).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm no new car bargainer but I think he can do better than that. A little over 17k means you are paying a little over invoice minus rebates. With the 07s on the way, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get invoice or a little under (before rebates).
[/b]
"Out the door" normally means including sales tax, title and license fees and "document fees" (if any). If this is really an out the door price, there is probably at least around $1000 in sales taxes and fees.

·
Registered
446 Posts
"Out the door" normally means including sales tax, title and license fees and "document fees" (if any). If this is really an out the door price, there is probably at least around $1000 in sales taxes and fees.
[/b]
My mistake...you are right. So figure 19.4 goes to ~$21k with taxes, etc...then ~$17.2k out the door is a pretty good deal, right? That's almost $4k off invoice including rebates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the reason i chose ~16k is because i did some research and a lotta ppl. on these very forums said they paid around 16k OTD for their brand new 6's. anyways, i am contacting more and more dealers, there are lots of specials going on now - up to 7k off, 5k off any car, etc. if these specials are all really that legit i might even be able to negotiate a 6i sport for 16.5k out the door. ha, we will see.

thanks for the help guys, if youre interested, i'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
829 Posts
[/b]
Yeah, that's why I said, if it's 16k out the door, the "car price" before tax and stuff is like 14.5-15...so he's trying to get a car that invoices at 19.5 for 14.5...even with 2.5k rebate, that's 2.5k below invoice on a car that probably doesn't have a lot of markup.

But then again, if the dealer is desperate enough...good luck, let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
If you negotiate a 6i Sport for 16k out the door, I will be totally jealous. :) I paid $21,300 for mine in June with auto and Bose/Moonroof Package.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dude,

You might be able to push em a little harder or atleast get what you are asking for. I just got my 6S last Thursday. Base. MSRP of 24520 got the sale price down to $21475(1500-2K below invoice) and got $3000 in rebates (Didnt take the extra $1000 because I financed through my credit union). That is less than 20K out the door with $0 down and no trade. If you financed thrugh MAC that would be less than 19K out the door. I was looking at more than $4500 off MSRP after taxes. Good Luck

-Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm, one of the dealers i just talked to said that they have 3 2007 mazda6's, and they are selling for 3,000 dollars less than a comparable 2006 6. he told me that for example that they have a 06 6i sport that has a MSRP of $23,805, and they have a 07 6i sport for $20, 930. he said this is bc mazda released a value pack which includes a ton on standard equipment that would only be in the mid to upper level Mazda6. anyways, this doesnt make any sense to me but i will see.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hmm, one of the dealers i just talked to said that they have 3 2007 mazda6's, and they are selling for 3,000 dollars less than a comparable 2006 6. he told me that for example that they have a 06 6i sport that has a MSRP of $23,805, and they have a 07 6i sport for $20, 930. he said this is bc mazda released a value pack which includes a ton on standard equipment that would only be in the mid to upper level Mazda6. anyways, this doesnt make any sense to me but i will see.
[/b]
This might be because they are SLASHING the Warrenty Big time for the 2007 Models. They have to find another way to compete with the market now that their warranty is the same as everyone else's. The bumper to bumper is loosing one year and 14,000 miles. You just have to figure out if that is worth it or not to lose the warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This might be because they are SLASHING the Warrenty Big time for the 2007 Models. They have to find another way to compete with the market now that their warranty is the same as everyone else's. The bumper to bumper is loosing one year and 14,000 miles. You just have to figure out if that is worth it or not to lose the warranty.

Yep, here's the scoop from the Mazda website:

WARRANTY

2007 Vehicles:

BUMPER-TO-BUMPER

Mazda warrants that new 2007 Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 36 months or 36,000 miles, which ever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement and certain other items are excluded. This transferable "limited warranty" is included on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY

Mazda warrants that the Powertrain Components of new 2007 Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 60 months or 60,000 miles, which ever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement and certain other items are excluded. This “limited warranty” is transferable during the warranty period on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

Complement the limited warranty on your new vehicle with the Mazda Extended Protection Plan, the only service agreement backed by Mazda. See your Mazda dealer for details.

2006 Vehicles:

BUMPER-TO-BUMPER

Mazda warrants that new 2006 Mazda cars and trucks will be free of defects with normal use and prescribed maintenance for 48 months or 50,000 miles, which ever comes first. Ordinary maintenance items or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement and certain other items are excluded. This transferable "limited warranty" is included on all new Mazda vehicles sold and serviced in the United States.

Complement the limited warranty on your new vehicle with the Mazda Extended Protection Plan, the only service agreement backed by Mazda. See your Mazda dealer for details.

Here's another link to the 2007 model lines, pricing, specs, etc.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/mazda_mazda....MUITvzA9aNLtEF

They definitely have changed it up, added a lot of equipment and lowered the prices! Might be worth buying an 07 instead of an 06, even with the 06 rebates.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Holy Crap did they Lower the Prices. The MSRP on the S I just got was 24520 and the 2007 S which as more is 23K not sure if that inclused the Destination fee or not. Note with an ATX.

Basically evens out the rebates offered sort of.

WOW!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts