Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems pretty easy, just plug into cig and place above the pedals. where can i buy some and anybody recomend any over the other. i want blue ones.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
you dont want to plug into the cig, that looks tacky. tap into the fusebox and find a ground around there, and add a inline switch on the + ...

as far as recommendations, i have none :) lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well iwa thinking runing the wire under the carpet, lifting up the cup holders and runing it under htere and then into the center console cig lgiht.

·
Registered
222 Posts
heck with the cig lighter, tap into ur headlight switch on the steering wheel so when u turn ur headlights on, the neon will come on too

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
well iwa thinking runing the wire under the carpet, lifting up the cup holders and runing it under htere and then into the center console cig lgiht.
[/b]

i suppose you could do that, and they would come on/off with the car, but you loose that lighter socket. I know I use it for my cellphone daily, but heck if you dont use it, by all means have at it. Your gonna have to break a hole in the bottom of that compartment, and you could remove the cup holder and the shift plate to get as close to the corner by the carpet as you can, hopefully no one will be able to see your wires :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
What i did was i got 2 neon tubes, wired them together with a switch to turn on and off and splice the wires under the lighter socket and your done. Whenever you hit the switch the light goes on and you still have both your lighter sockets front one and the one in the armrest. I have a few pictures of the switch and the lighting in my cardomain in my signature if you want to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've got some green CCFLs tubes that I could put in the footwells. How do you guys think that would look? A little too christmasy with the red gauges?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've got some green CCFLs tubes that I could put in the footwells. How do you guys think that would look? A little too christmasy with the red gauges?
[/b]
that would be perfect for this time of year :) maybe make it interchangable and you can switch out the tubes easily whenever you feel like you're feeling a different color.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
The tubes might be easy to switch out depending on where I put the inverter. The cable from each tube goes all the way to the inverter is why. I also have black lights that I'm using in my computer right now. I have 4 tubes in there and it might be cool to take 2 and put them in the footwells.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well i suggest not getting 6 inch RED CCLF tubes....i ordered some and put them in and they're PINK....i was extremly pissed and contacted the company i got them from via email, no response yet :swearin:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
well i suggest not getting 6 inch RED CCLF tubes....i ordered some and put them in and they're PINK....i was extremly pissed and contacted the company i got them from via email, no response yet :swearin:
[/b]
I think you just got bad tubes. I've seen red tubes before.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well thats what i thought at first.....but all four tubes being pink and the company doesnt even sell pink???...i guess i was hoping theyd match the gauge lights, but compared to the guage lights they look pink and it pisses me off :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts