Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Neon SRT4 Vs WRX Vs Talon

I really don't like the
"In the end it's still a _____" arguments. A fast car is a fast car. Personal choice dictates whether a car is worthy of purchase. I'm not ranting against you Chindo; I've just seen this too many times. Personally I don't like the SRT-4; I think it's too much power for a front driver. But people who were getting beat by the WRX when it first came out were saying "yeah but it's still just a POS Subaru". It's an unanswerable argument, but ultimately futile.

On topic: that SRT-4 is pretty damn fast from a roll.

·
Registered
628 Posts

On the other hand, I don't like the
"____ Is pretty damn fast from a roll" arguments. My buddy has a WRX and the guys on the message board he reads go on and on about all the cars they can beat 'from a roll'. 'Cmon racing is from a stand still, try telling the guys at the drag strip you wanna race 'from a roll' :D

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Neon SRT4 Vs WRX Vs Talon'

Originally posted by kenoka

I really don't like the  
"In the end it's still a _____" arguments.  A fast car is a fast car.  Personal choice dictates whether a car is worthy of purchase.  I'm not ranting against you Chindo; I've just seen this too many times.  Personally I don't like the SRT-4; I think it's too much power for a front driver.  But people who were getting beat by the WRX when it first came out were saying "yeah but it's still just a POS Subaru".  It's an unanswerable argument, but ultimately futile.  

On topic: that SRT-4 is pretty damn fast from a roll.  [/b]
I understand what you are saying. I guess, it came out the wrong way. What I was saying was that I would not buy the car. If people want to buy it, they can have fun...I mean it is their money after all. It's just that I am not a big fan of the car. I mean it is so cheap considering the power so I am pretty sure that Dodge cut some corners. I've never driven this car so I would not know how it handles but my guess is that it handles like crap.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

stew560,
What are you trying to say? That a wrong wheel drive vehicle with 230+hp and torque may be a torque steering wheel hopping bitch from a standing start? Say it ain't so! :ho ho

I was just saying it's fast from a roll because that's the way it was in the video.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Actually, SCC said the torque steer was "relatively mild" and "But this much power for this little green will always come with a few compromises, and we'll deal with some torque in our steering if it means having this much fun. Deal with it."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts