·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
432 Posts
Reading Topic: Neon SRT-4 Vs WRX Commericial

That almost makes me miss my Talon. That "whoosh, phew" sound is really addictive :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Neon SRT-4 Vs WRX Commericial'

dunno how long it would take before the 6 have the parts to make that sound...the turbo only would take a long ass time...:zzz

can the SRT-4 really beat the WRX???

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

I think it will be able to if the wheels don't spin too much. An SRT-4 puts down about 215 HP to the ground while the WRX puts down about 160 HP, but its all wheel drive. The car mags are saying it will be in between a WRX and an STi.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

Yeah, and don't forget that the Neon is a piece of junk! It doesn't matter how fast it is, they're still sticking a turbo on a scooter.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Originally posted by Phrosted
           Yeah, and don't forget that the Neon is a piece of junk!  It doesn't matter how fast it is, they're still sticking a turbo on a scooter.[/b]
:sarc

Let's all try to keep this type of fanboyspeak to a minimum. If you go to other sites, you might hear them say "The Mazda6 is a Ford! It's a piece of junk. The Duratech(sic) motor will fall out!" and other such nonsense. It doesn't advance the discussion at all. The SRT-4 is a hell of a bargain, and only time will tell whether it proves reliable or not. Yes I know first generation Neons had many teething issues. Regardless, I think bringing this type of car to the market can only help those of us who like fast cars. Is it to my taste? No. But if it incites another maker to better it, then I'm all for it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I think the SRT-4 is good looking, as far as neons go. The real problem I had with the ad is that it seems to encourage street racing. I'm kinda shocked Dodge would put out an ad like this.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Originally posted by davecoyne

I think the SRT-4 is good looking, as far as neons go.  The real problem I had with the ad is that it seems to encourage street racing.  I'm kinda shocked Dodge would put out an ad like this.[/b]

What else would you buy the SRT-4 for?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

My point is I am surprised that in this day of litigation, a big company like DCX would put out an ad promoting one of its products for an illegal purpose.

·
Registered
895 Posts

It does say "Professional drivers on closed course" in teeny tiny print. Guess they're safe. :p

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

I missed that. So I bet other kids would too...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

It's not much worse than the typical TV commecials which show cars going very fast on curvy (often wet) roads.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

It's not much worse than the typical TV commecials which show cars going very fast on curvy (often wet) roads.  [/b]
Well, if you are a good driver, its not exactly -impossible-, though it doesn't seem like its in the realm of reality. ;)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

It's not much worse than the typical TV commecials which show cars going very fast on curvy (often wet) roads.  [/b]
Yeah, but not racing against another car on city streets. Geez, I gotta stop posting in this thread. I'm beginning to feel like an old man! :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Neon SRT-4 Vs WRX Commericial'

Oh I agree the whole thing was in pretty atrocious taste. But it's only a few degrees off the typical car commercial.

The whole thing has a very lowest common denominator fast and furious feel to it. Dodge: welcome to your demographic. Poor, dumb kids with more cash than sense.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Yesterday I sat in one Neon SRT-4, it's so freaking small in there, I'm just medium built guy 6' weight 173lb, and the seat is not comfortable at all. i think that car is only for little kid like HS...and the interior looks so cheap, and you can't even get an aftermarket shift knob for it, cuz it's all in one piece.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I sat in both the SRT-4 and the Mazdaspeed Protege before buying my 6. Both of them nice cars in their own right, but way too damn small for a 6'4" 225 lbs guy with long legs. I felt like I was sitting in a Miata.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts