Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I am glad that I found this site (although I wish I had found it sooner).

I have a 2004 Mazda 6 with a 6 disc changer. A few weeks ago the CD player stopped working (I remember putting a label on one of the CD's and I think it got stuck). Well rather than take it to the Mazda dealer I did a dumb thing and opened up the console, removing the HU and CD changer and tried to remove the CD's by opening up the CD player. In this process I pretty much ruined the CD changer! :irate:

I had seen ads for various items that allow you to use your Ipod by connecting it to the back of the HU. So I figured spend money on a replacement CD changer or get the Ipod thing. I decided to buy the Neo Mazda6 Ipod thing. So it came in the mail and I hooked it up to the rear of the HU and it doesn't work.

My question is do I need the CD changer still connected to the HU in order to use the Ipod thing?

·
Registered
829 Posts
This is my first post and I am glad that I found this site (although I wish I had found it sooner).

I have a 2004 Mazda 6 with a 6 disc changer. A few weeks ago the CD player stopped working (I remember putting a label on one of the CD's and I think it got stuck). Well rather than take it to the Mazda dealer I did a dumb thing and opened up the console, removing the HU and CD changer and tried to remove the CD's by opening up the CD player. In this process I pretty much ruined the CD changer! :irate:

I had seen ads for various items that allow you to use your Ipod by connecting it to the back of the HU. So I figured spend money on a replacement CD changer or get the Ipod thing. I decided to buy the Neo Mazda6 Ipod thing. So it came in the mail and I hooked it up to the rear of the HU and it doesn't work.

My question is do I need the CD changer still connected to the HU in order to use the Ipod thing?
[/b]
does your radio still turn on? I would imagine just hitting "tape" would make it work if your radio still works.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you've got an 04 and need the HU soldering mod for the CD changer port to be active if thats how your NEO ipod thingy works. Thats what I had to do to get my Audiolink(used for connecting ipod to HU) to work. Here's a link ot the HU mod:
http://sol20.com/ATENZA/maz_L716_E.htm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you've got an 04 and need the HU soldering mod for the CD changer port to be active if thats how your NEO ipod thingy works. Thats what I had to do to get my Audiolink(used for connecting ipod to HU) to work. Here's a link ot the HU mod:
http://sol20.com/ATENZA/maz_L716_E.htm
[/b]
I think you're right. I went through the Audiolink posts and it seems like both it and the NEO work the same (plugging into the HU rear AUX port) so I think it is a matter of just soldering the specific jumper on the HU board.

Only one way to find out :sarc:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts