Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an iPod adapter that doesn't use FM and this looks like it would be great if it works as advertised.
Neo iPod Adapter

It seems like it will allow control of the iPod from the Radio Controls and have a direct connect. Kinda pricey, but it seems the best solution I've come across. I've looked at the installation info I could find on here and I'm hoping it could be installed by only pulling out the glovebox and not the radio. Am I on the right track with that since it only need one plug in? I have the stock 6 radio with no other accessories installed.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If you use the SEARCH feature, you will find lots of info on this subject. There are several threads just like yours. But, to save you some hassle:

I have the Neo adapter and it works great. Of course, since I purchased mine, there have been several other units to come to market that do the same thing. A popular alternative is the AudioLink unit from RPM. It cost considerably less than the Neo and does basically the same thing. RPM Store

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try Audiolink from RPM. Its less expensive and the support from RPM is excellent.

I'm looking for an iPod adapter that doesn't use FM and this looks like it would be great if it works as advertised.
Neo iPod Adapter

It seems like it will allow control of the iPod from the Radio Controls and have a direct connect. Kinda pricey, but it seems the best solution I've come across. I've looked at the installation info I could find on here and I'm hoping it could be installed by only pulling out the glovebox and not the radio. Am I on the right track with that since it only need one plug in? I have the stock 6 radio with no other accessories installed.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.[/b]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I thought I had searched fairly well. but I guess I didn't.

The description of how the Native LCD and controls work aren't as extensive in the Neo site as the one in the RPM site. How do you rate the controls and display for the Neo compared to the RPM?

Theres a note on the RPM site that there's a modification needed to the HU circuitboard on 2004 models. Since I have a 2004 I wonder if the Neo has the same issue, or how big a deal it is to make the change for the RPM.

Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The controls should be the same though I think that Audiolink supports 9 playlist and the Neo 7. Neither unit will display song information on the car LCD as Mazda head units lack this feature.

Well I thought I had searched fairly well. but I guess I didn't.

The description of how the Native LCD and controls work aren't as extensive in the Neo site as the one in the RPM site. How do you rate the controls and display for the Neo compared to the RPM?

Theres a note on the RPM site that there's a modification needed to the HU circuitboard on 2004 models. Since I have a 2004 I wonder if the Neo has the same issue, or how big a deal it is to make the change for the RPM.

Thanks again for all the help.[/b]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts