Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys:

I just received the rear bumper skirt and the front air dam from mazdastuff. I opened them and read the instructions. First, I thought about going to the Mazda dealer and have them installed but I was mistaken...

They want to charge me for installation of both parts $320 withouth tax!!!

Thats wayyyy to much I think for have someone install them... because it does not look that hard to install, its just put the screws it has and thats it...

The thing is that when i was going to put the screws, I noticed that the holes were not made...

I was just wondering, what do you guys recommend me to do?

I appreciate your reply
Thank You

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
As far as i recall, for the side skirts (if thats what your refferring to) you have to drill 10 holes in order to install.. which someone else had mentioned was a pain in the ass, and they actually said it would be easier to have mazda do it for you.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, I have the side skirts already installed, for those ones I payed $150 for the installation at the mazda bodyshop, which I thought was a ripoff :S...

And now, for installing the Front Air Dam and the Rear Bumper skirt they want to charge me the $320 which I think is way to much...

·
Registered
459 Posts
my mazda bodyshop charges 30 dollars and hour for labor, i can have my whole apperance package put on for just under $120 dollars.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by aerxx@Mar 4 2005, 04:37 AM
my mazda bodyshop charges 30 dollars and hour for labor, i can have my whole apperance package put on for just under $120 dollars.
[snapback]372588[/snapback]​
Really, wow, thats a good price, where do u live...I still dont understand why here in New Orleans they want to charge me $160 for installing each part...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Illinois, i dunno, it must just be my dealership. they also change my oil AND FILTER for 11 bucks. and actually they charge me and extra 5 bucks extra every oil change for lubrication of front end and inspection. plus they will top off all my fluids.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts