Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so with school almost over, the time to work my ass off is approaching. Basically there are quite a bit of choices for what my next big mod is going to be. My car when I got it was a bone stock Steel Gray '03 6i ATX. I've added a spoiler, sport grille, N/A Black Tails, Clear Sidemarkers and AEM intake. I've got a couple choices on what I'm thinking of saving up for but by nature I am an indecisive person. The things I have in mind are:

A body or lip kit (probably the Techno R)

New rims and tires (replace those 16" steelies)

Tint (hard one, parents are kinda iffy with the illegal stuff)

Custom 2.5" exhaust (inspired by Doc's custom setup)

Tranny cooler and CP-E engine mount are gonna happen, just waiting for when I have the time.

Thats all I could really think of, unless anyone has some good suggestions.

Here are some pics (haven't got up-to-date ones yet. Gettin a hold of my sis digital camera isn't too easy)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Ori...FrontGrille.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Orion8702/CarRear.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Orion8702/CarMain.gif

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yeah, those steel license plate frames have to go.

EVen if he does wash his car, that Jersey smog will dirty it up again right away.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Say a lot, as in vocalize? That would be the CP-E intake kit.

Visually.....rims/tint/lower the car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Say a lot, as in vocalize? That would be the CP-E intake kit.

Visually.....rims/tint/lower the car.
[/b]
Yeah huh? Thats kind of expensive though. Whats the cheapest you think I can find one for. I emailed the guy recently & he said NO DISCOUNTS lol. He said they are so hot right now! Can't this burn out the engine tho?

·
Registered
423 Posts
I assume you're talking about the CP-E intake.

The cheapest would probably be to buy it second hand off of somebody, and no it won't burn out the engine.

Search for CP-E intake, there is a sticky post on one of these forums that delves into great detail about it.

But if you really want to do a cheap mod, then tint your windows.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh those frames are long off (they were a Christmas gift) and those pics are from back in February (I have since washed my car) I got in touch with a buddy of mine who can get me a great deal on a custom exhaust through a friend of his. And luckily enough he works at Sear's Auto Center and I can get his employee discount on tires. Oh and anybody have a good product to use to shine up salt encrusted metal. My bumper mesh took a beating during the winter and I'm to lazy to go to Home Depot and fab up another one.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
another mod that makes driving the atx a lot more fun is the shift kit, not too hard to do and it put a smile on my face. though rims make such and impact that they should be up there as well.

...and no matter what you next mod is, the tranny cooler should be part of it, it's only like $40...just do it!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Wash, wax and Zaino.. Then tint it and get rims!

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i've had the Lentech vlavebodies on for over a year now...they are awesome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing