Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im from Sydney, Australia :)

Im thinking about placing an order for the Mazda6, but i havent make up my mind about getting the 2003 built model or not...
ive been to some dealers and prices arnt that negotiable right now .. since it only came out here not long ago ...and the demand is very high...

so can someone give me some advices on purchasing the new car ? and things that i need to look/look out for the new mazda6.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
86 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Need some advices on buying the Mazda6'

G'day Xeno,

Greetings from Singapore. Don't know if the info is relevant to you, but I just got the M6 2 mths ago. We only get the 2.0 Engine version here, but the car has been great since.

I was comparing the M6 to the Nissan Primera before making my decision, cos these 2 were in the same price range for a 2.0 enginge in Singapore. (I guess you have a wider selection to choose from in Sydney)

Anyway, the deciding factor for me was:

(1) The looks (I've been getting really nice compliments on the road)
(2) Size (M6 has one of the larget boot space in its class)
(3) Performance (the only budget 2.0 sedan I know that can do 0-100km at 9.7sec. at least in Singapore)

Additions/modifications
Since getting my car, I've increased the Tyre size from 195/65 to 205/60. and I've changed the tail pipe from the original dowward pointing little thing to a stainless steel pipe. (Looks better for a car this size)

I reckon that you have a choice of a 2.3 and 3.0 version in Sydney, If budget permits, I think the 3.0 will be a good one to have.

Hope this helps you in your decision making.

Ta for now. ;)

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hi [email protected]

I agree with everything that CHY has said......

However, we won't be getting the 3.0 v6 version of the 6, only the 2.3 litre 4 cyl......

I live at Gosford, 1 hour North of Sydney, I have purchased a Mazda6 Luxury hatch, and won't be picking it up untill later this month........

Yes you are right that there is not much negotiation with the prices & the car is very popular at the moment, so if you order one now, you may be waiting till next year now, before it is delivered to you !!!!!

However, how much can you really negotiate anyhow, maybe $1000 or $2000 off the retail at best, that is down the track when the car is not so popular..........Just food for thought here!!!

I guess you have to determine which Body-Shape suits your needs and requirements,
Wagon for Practical, Hatch for Sportiness & Sedan for Family, whether you want Auto or Manual, and what extras you want......theres plenty to choose from !!!

Most of the reports have been very favourable to this Car & it is up for Nomination for Wheels Magazine "Car of the Year"

There have been alot of New releases Lately, new Camry, Commodore & Falcon.......But I still think the Mazda6 best suits my needs and requirements !!!!!!:D

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the replies ... :)
yes i think i will go for the luxury sports hatch ~ ;) Ive been looking at the new camery as well ..but i didnt like it as much as Mazda6 ofcos. Camery size has gone up and i dont really need a big car like that ..Luxury Sports Hatch Mazda6 offers alot of features that i really like .. BOSE speakers, sun roof, LOTS of air bags (LOL) and the design is very stylish ... and im quite happy with the performance too.
It would be great if i can get $2000 discount but i doubt that would happen at this period of time....

oh yes and colour is an issue too .. ive looked at the colour range ... i still cant decide which colour to go for :(

im down to either the yellow or the silver contrail... hmmm .. still dont know which one to go for ... hehe

·
Registered
510 Posts

im down to either the yellow or the silver contrail... hmmm .. still dont know which one to go for ... hehe[/b]
[email protected]

Yes, they are also great colours...!!

Although Yellow may not be fashionable in a few years, Silver always seems to stay in fashion !!!

I have chosen Sparkling Silver as the colour for my Car.....only the Luxury Hatch Model, not the Sports Luxury Hatch.

I have ordered the Rear Spoiler as an accessory, but won't have the rest of the Body Kit...:)

Mine will have the 17" alloys and sunroof & Leather though !!!

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
86 Posts

Silver is nice, especially with the sporty look of the car.
(Problem is..... Silver is really common in Singapore for all types of cars, so I chose the Strato Blue instead.)

By the way, anyone knows if there are strut tower bars available for the M6 in the market yet? :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Haven't seen any. But frankly, I don't think you need'em.

The Mazda6 has an extremely stiff body and doesn't flex much during cornering anyway. The gain from such an investment would be extremely low. Put the money on something else that bring more fun!

·
Registered
86 Posts

Thanks Steve 6er, looks like I'll be saving some money.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts