Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok about two weeks ago someone at my school pulled into a space i was in (i was double parked... :sarc: ) and hit me. Fairly minimal damage to front right bumper. My side marker is pushed in, dented fender, roughed up bumper a bit, and cracked the bottom of my headlight housing. Since i have HIDs in there i dont want to replace the Housing if i don't absolutely need to (cause i dont want to put HIDs in again). With the help of Blaeznazn24 i found a good shop to get things fixed at. So here is the main question. Since i dont want a new headlight housing should i get a CF hood instead? My hood needs to be painted anyway (to match with the bumper), so it would be easy to get the sides painted leading down to a CF grill. My 6 is performance white. If you think i should get a CF hood, what kind should i get? Should i get a CF grill to match with it? Thanks for the imput

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
If insurance is paying, by all means, yes. A lot of the time, CF is cheaper anyways, so the Ins company won't mind.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would stick with seibon or VIS, just because the fit and finish is really good. I've had a couple of friends that have them on and they look really good quality wise and fit.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So no one would be against CF on P. White? Thats one of my main concerns. I like the look but I wanna hear what others think (yeah, before anyone says anything. I know it's my opinion that matters. Just wondering cause i can be a bit flippent sometimes..)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It will look ok. However you might wana keep up a white/black or white/cf look on the whole car. cuz if you do white/black/chrome, or white/black/cf it might start looken iffy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I usually don't like mixing cf/black/chrome and all that but if done tastefully it could turn out nice. Just pick a direction and stick with it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Hm, i think you could pull it off, it wont look as good as on a lapis blue but it will still look decent. Get tinted windows so there is more black on the car if you havent done so...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which Style of hood looks best with the painted sides?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts