Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finishing college in CT but I am going to start work in Midtown Manhattan in June. I am looking for a place somewhere in Brooklyn or Queens. I dont know anything about the area so it is kinda like shooting in the dark. I have been through apts on craigslist but it is impossible to see anything from those. I would need to know what is a good area to live in on approx $ 800-1000 a month. Does anyone know of a good realtor that I could get in touch with who would maybe know more about this as well. Thanks

·
Registered
919 Posts
So I am finishing college in CT but I am going to start work in Midtown Manhattan in June. I am looking for a place somewhere in Brooklyn or Queens. I dont know anything about the area so it is kinda like shooting in the dark. I have been through apts on craigslist but it is impossible to see anything from those. I would need to know what is a good area to live in on approx $ 800-1000 a month. Does anyone know of a good realtor that I could get in touch with who would maybe know more about this as well. Thanks
[/b]
It's been quite a number of years since i've lived in Queens, but you might want to try Fresh Meadows. The appartments use to be pretty reasonable back then, and the access to Manhattan wasn't bad using the express bus or bus and subway. As far as i know they haven't gone Co-op yet.

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea fresh meadows is great. So is bayside area, u can take the Long island railroad straight into manhattan, its only like 15mins. My mother is a broker so i pretty much know whats what. if it was up to me, i highly reccomend Kew gardens and forest hills area, or brooklyn heights. Feel free to pm me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
do a search at realtor.com - selected more search options. be specific, this is a great resource for getting an idea about pricing.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Find roomates... and lots of em! I would look into Hoboken NJ maybe. I think its a little cheaper then manhatten. Plus you can take the path train to midtown. I would sell the car personally, you will have no need for it living/working in the city. Rent for a studio is a decent area will run upwards of $1500/month. You might be able to squeeze by on a somewhat shitty place for $1000/month

·
Registered
744 Posts
the only way to live in that area for that price ull need to find roomates.. unless u wanat live in a crappy area

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
SkippyRock
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing