Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! I've been reading on here that there a few 6s drivers that have installed speed6 struts and shocks on their cars. I have Tokico blues on my car and have now blown my second pair of front struts and first pair of rear shocks. Lifetime warranty, or not I am done with these and would like to try a set of speed6 ones. Anyone know the factory part numbers or have a link to find them? My local dealer is being a douche...wants the speed6 vin or will not look them up for me! I've been searching herein and googling my ass off all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ive got a set of speed6 springs for sale if interested..

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little information for all that have or may want to switch to speed6 struts and shocks for their 6i, or 6s. I've read alot in here about it, but just found out that the speed6 front struts are, in fact the same part number as the V6 ones. Seems reasonable really when you consider that the V6 is more front heavy than even the speed6 is so it would be a stiffer setup from the stock 6i. In conclusion, while the rear shocks are different and stiffer than the 6i/6s rear shocks, the front struts are the same as the stock 6s ones. So, the speed6 struts/shocks would be a nice cheap upgrade to a stock 6i setup...but not much else. Just thought that I would share!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts