Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to join you ranks, but before I do so I need some help. I have a deposit on a car right now. This is what I am going to get.

Mazda 6s, MT, Speed Yellow, Black Leather, Moonroof, and Sport Package.

Before Dealer Fees and taxes its 23.2K
OTD price is 25.5K (Dealer fees are like 500 bucks!)

So while I was waiting I started going to some other dealerships here in Atlanta. I found two right now that said they would give it to me (pre- ++fees) for 23,190 but it would include the Bose audio system.
I have a third guy saying he would get it to me with side airbags for 23.6K.

Are these good starting prices? Is tax and dealerfees usually add up to 2K?
Help, I love the car but don't want to get ripped off!!!

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Need opinions on my price

The Bose system includes side air bags (yes, odd combo, I know)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

I don't know where you are, but in CT sales tax alone isabout $1,400 (or so). 6%
Inspection & Title & license etc fees are another $400 (something like that).

Then delivery+ destination fees are another $500 or so.

My dealership (I live in CT but bought it in Westchester) actually tried to tack on another $400 "westchester county surcharge" on top of that... but I told them to go to hell and they refunded it.

In short, you may pay up to $3,000 in fees after the actual car price.

If you can get Bose for the same price as non-Bose, why wouldn't you go for it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I know I want the one with the bose system but I am worried that I may be paying too much for it. I guess I'll have to wait to see what the dealer fees are but I am just nervous, this is my second car I've bought and I don't want to be shafted. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Need opinions on my price'

Originally posted by malluPappi

I know I want the one with the bose system but I am worried that I may be paying too much for it.  I guess I'll have to wait to see what the dealer fees are but I am just nervous, this is my second car I've bought and I don't want to be shafted.  Thanks for the responses.[/b]
I'm looking it over now. Your price seems pretty reasonable.

The MSRP on my 6s with everything (AT, Bose, Moon, Leather, Comfort, Sports) was $26,500 or so. Invoice was $24,000. I walked out at $23,500 before my trade and fees and I was on S-Plan AND College rebate. (S-Plan brought it to invoice @ $24,000, college was another $500 off - $23,500).

Invoice for your car seems like i twould be $23,000+ ($24,000- $950 for AT is how I got that); so $23,200 seems like a very good deal to me.
I say go for it, unless I'm missing something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts