Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a base(non-sport) wagon. i've wanted to upgrade to a sport bumper and new grill. a cf hood would be nice, but not necessary.

until i hit the CR-V in front of me.

stock hood folded right down the middle. less than 5mph. no damage to the honda. my bumper is okay. it looks like the CR-V muffler perfectly cut my bumper, but from 10ft, you can't even tell. my thoughts...... the bumper is good for now. i need a new hood, so

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...009QQitemZ190040836283QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW)

does anyone have any experience with this manufacturer? to me the picture looks a little bit off, but it could just be the angle. eventually, i will replace the bumper, and then get them painted (bumper and grill, and the "v" on the hood).

to replace the stock hood, i'm looking at about $350-$400. then i drive around with primer hood until i get it painted. so if i get the cf hood ($400), i don't have to worry about paint, and when i replace the bumper & grill, i can get the hood and bumper and grill painted at the same time.

to me, replacing the hood is necessary asap, and if i can save money without painting, the better. driving around with a primer hood looks tacky, cf will save the paint expense. then i can save a couple bucks for an aftermarket bumper and grill, and get them all painted at the same time and have finished product.

as far as i can see, the only issue is the cf hood quality. good quality will look/fit good until i can afford painting, and bad quality will waste $400.

any help is appreciated!!!

scott

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Where are you located at????I have a hood on the way and don't have a use for the stock one anymore.I would sell it to cheap and I have a sport grill as well so if you are interested pm me

·
Registered
216 Posts
I feel your pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts