Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the middle of getting an 03 Mazda 6 Diesel Sport repaired at the garage (brought it damaged). The problem I have is that I need a left side Xenon headlight and the dealers are looking for £500 for the Headlamp and the xenon bulb!! I've looked just about everywhere and can't find any breakers that have any xenon headlights in stock. Has anyone got any ideas???? I'm desperate!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
i'm assuming that the right side also has xenon's.

so this would mean that the right side has
1 projector
1 xenon bulb
1 ballast

with this being said, if the left side has the projector already....thats fine, and hopefully since the car had xenons at one point, there should be another ballast on this left side. I'm under the impression that you would only need to buy the bulb, which you can get a pair from hidplanet.com for like 80USD.

hope that helps....

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Hi, I'm in the middle of getting an 03 Mazda 6 Diesel Sport repaired at the garage (brought it damaged). The problem I have is that I need a left side Xenon headlight and the dealers are looking for £500 for the Headlamp and the xenon bulb!! I've looked just about everywhere and can't find any breakers that have any xenon headlights in stock. Has anyone got any ideas???? I'm desperate!!!
[/b]
ehmm do u mean u only have 1 headlight intact? and the other is trash? well just get a used headlight (the side that is trash, that is), and then keep looking for ebay or hidplanet.com/forums and see if anyone is selling 1 bosch/al ballast...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ehmm do u mean u only have 1 headlight intact? and the other is trash? well just get a used headlight (the side that is trash, that is), and then keep looking for ebay or hidplanet.com/forums and see if anyone is selling 1 bosch/al ballast...
[/b]
Hi chaps, Thanks for the replies.

The left side headlight is completely gone, aka trashed to pieces. i'm gonna need a whole new xenon headlight and the bulb. i've asked the local dealer whether I can stick a "normal" headlight in its place while I keep looking for a xenon headlight, but he said it wouldn't work because the control units and wiring are completely different. I just can't belive that a single headlight would cost that much!! I know there's someone out there selling a used headlight, but it seems there aren't many places to go if you need a stock Xenon headlamp.

I'll give it two more weeks, otherwise I'm gonna become my local dealer's new best Friend!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
.... check out the pinned thread on how to retrofit, and you'll understand... yes the wiring may NOT be the same, but it's interchangeable... go get a used ballast, d2s bulbs and projector, and a used headlight, and do it yourself using that guide...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing