Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i want to get a set of winters. im looking for 17's, perferably steel wheels. i know they are made because i saw a pic of someones car on here, he was from canada and said something about tires23.com. if anybody knows of a place in the states that offer 17' steelies please let me know. im assuming shipping on steel wheels from canada wouldnt be cheap.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one has any info on this topic?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tirerack.com
[/b]

tirerack doesnt offer 17 inch steel wheels, its only alloys and starting price on winter rims is like 99 a peice.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
First "info" i'd provide would be.. get a new / different car.... Don't buy HUGE SUV/4Door/Family Car... that comes stock with 18's and slap 17's on it...

If i need too I can post some links to pictures of 16/17" rims on speed6's TERRIBLE looking... And they aren't going for performance...

If you're trying to reduce weight and get better 1/4 times and track times... Then by all means PLEASE get smaller rims... the stock are heavy... but most ppl are going for "looks" and 17's are terrible on this car...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First "info" i'd provide would be.. get a new / different car.... Don't buy HUGE SUV/4Door/Family Car... that comes stock with 18's and slap 17's on it...

If i need too I can post some links to pictures of 16/17" rims on speed6's TERRIBLE looking... And they aren't going for performance...

If you're trying to reduce weight and get better 1/4 times and track times... Then by all means PLEASE get smaller rims... the stock are heavy... but most ppl are going for "looks" and 17's are terrible on this car...
[/b]

i only want the rims for winter. i dont care about looks over the winter months. i want 17' wheels( cheapest i can find) and a nice high performance winter tire. as for lighter wheels in the future i might do it. but i have to see.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For winter, would you consider 16" steelies? I have a set that could be yours for cheap.
[/b]
as far as a i know only 17 inch rims can be used on the ms6. i apologize, i do not believe i mentioned its for a ms6 not a m6. i KNOW someone on this site had 17 inch steelies. they were from canada. unless im thinking of 6tech.com i dunno. im going nuts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts