Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda 6 2015 grand tour

My headlight problem started a few weeks ago. The left light didn't come on when I started the car, but came back on when I hit bumps twice. Then both lights didn't come on when I started the car (after they were both on when I turned the car off the previous night). Thankfully when I hit a bump going down the road the left light came on. When I parked, I went over to the right side and hit the headlight assembly in frustration and the light came back on - thought that only happened with old tvs. Now the left side is out again and won't come back on. Highly doubt the lamp is actually burnt out given what's going on.

I also had the lights on the blower and temperature knobs inside the car go out. A month later, the one knob is now lit again.

Finally, another odd thing that happened was when I replaced the battery 5 months ago, all the sudden the passenger side window wouldn't go up/down with the driver's side controls (passenger side controls worked). Magically, that too started working after a couple weeks. With the above headlight problem, I decided to check the fuses and also disconnect, clean, and reconnect the battery thinking the changing of the battery started all these problems. Guess what - the passenger side window doesn't work again!

Someone please help. My car knowledge is poor, but these problems seem quite unique. Is this a grounding problem like others have had that I read? I went to Pep Boys and they said it was $70 per hour to try and find the problem but it would be a tedious process which gave me no confidence. I figure the dealer might be worse in price, but at least they may have seen the problem. Want to at least have some knowledge so I don't get ripped off.

·
Super Moderator
17,082 Posts
The windows need to be retrained from the same switch before the drivers side will control them. This is common knowledge for all years.
Right, but everything else definitely sounds like an electrical gremlin to me.

@Sharpie do you know of any electrical work that has been done on the car? Aftermarket stereo, alarm, starter, etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts