Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife came home today and told me that there was this squealing noise coming from the engine. Sounded kind of like power steering squeal. So, I took the engine cover off and looked around. Everything seemed to be fine. I had her start the engine and it started squealing like a banshee! I found that one of the pulleys was stuck and not moving. In the pictures I have an arrow pointing to it. The belt (removed in the pictures) was moving, but the top pulley was stuck. I also notice there seemed to be metal shavings around the edge of the pulley. The close up picture shows that. First off, I need to know what part that is. I don't have the workshop manual, so if anyone could help that would be awesome. Second, is that something that can be loosened up, and it's all good, or does it need replaced.

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I have found, this appears to be an accessory belt tensioner, thought I don't know what accessories it is driving. Pretty much I am hoping that the local dealership sells just the pulley, and I don't have to buy the whole assembly.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Reactions: SeeMeZoomZoom

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts