Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have any of you guys had a high pitched noise come out of you vent when your on the freeway?? There is a whistling noise coming from my vents when i am on the freeway and it is annoying as hell. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MY rotor??

Actually i should have said this earlier air is coming in from somewhere and it is making a whistling noise in the cabin.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Check your cabin filter, sometimes if leaves get in they make those whistling noise, especially willow leaves.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
i meant blower rotor. that can be a cause. Check if the sound comes even with the fan off, and at varying speeds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got on the highway last night and the noise came on with and without the fan on. It started at speeds of about 60mph and higher. On other days when its really windy it comes on at like 50mph. So does that mean it could be the blower rotor?? And where is the blower rotor?? Sorry for all the questions but i really need to get this fixed cause i have to turn my radio really loud just so i don't hear that awful noise. Thanks

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
u sure it is the vents? the whistling nosies are generally heard when there is improper sealing with the windshield or the windows.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hope you find sounds like good suggestions.

:thumbup: for Vida Guerra

1 - 8 of 8 Posts