Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just received my item in the mail H1 HID Xenon Headlight Bulbs i thought i found a how-to to put them in but that was for something else. Now I don't know what to do, I don't know how to put them in. Any place you know that can or should i post to ask if someone can come over that lives near me? Thank you

heres to show u what i ordered: ebay

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Those are a joke and will make your headlights dimmer. I would not install them. They are NOT hids.

If you decide to, though, search for how to change headlights

·
Registered
34 Posts
WOW WTH! look at the before and after pics in the Ebay link. Unbelievable. The seller has no shame.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
wow, I didn't realize until just now that those are 100w bulbs, if you put those in your car, you will melt the wiring harness. The headlights are supposed to be 55w, not 100

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow does it really? i still don't know how 2 install them just to see. but this says:
Bulbs produces High Wattage light output with only a standard Watt current drawing[/b]
mean anything?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Item Condition: Brand New
A Brand New PAIR (Set of 2) of H1 Xenon HID Headlight Bulbs
Super White
12V Drawing Input, 80/100W Output
Xenon Gas filled
5000K Color Temperature
[/b]
read the 4th line.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i see. shit now i feel like an ass now. what should i do? return it and say it won't work because the car needs 55w?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
not worth the return shipping you are going to pay. Eat the $10 you paid, and chock it up to stupidity. Save your money and get a set of HID's (REAL ones).

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Yeah, throw those in the garbage. They'll cause major problems, and you'd probably still be better off with stock bulbs. Note the blue glass, decreases light output.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hey man don't be bummed, you found out the good way. Better this than a thread titled HELP, I fried my headlight wiring!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah thats true MZBuckeye, thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts