Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase the Infiniti Kappa 50.7 component speakers within the next couple of weeks, but what i would like to know is if anyone has tried this speakers out. reviews seems to all be good about them and haven't heard anything bad. are there better speakers that you would recommend? I'm just looking for something that can handle bass as well as clear highs and so far, these speakers seem to do that pretty well.

Here's what Crutchfield website says about them:

"Infinity Kappa component speaker systems boast an innovative low-impedance, high-efficiency design that'll provide plenty of clean, powerful output in your system.

The 50.7cs 5-1/4" component speaker system features a woven-glass-fiber woofer cone that delivers ultra-clean response. The Plus One+ cone design offers a larger surface area than other 5-1/4" speakers, for improved bass output and efficiency. Lightweight neodymium magnets drive the woofers with authority while saving weight — an important consideration if you're trying to shave pounds off your performance car.

The dome tweeter produces detailed, lifelike sound that's easy on the ears. Infinity's Starfish™ mounting bracket allows the system's tweeters to be installed in most factory tweeter locations. If you don't have factory tweeters, the ingenious I-mount system helps you custom install the tweeters in almost any location.

The computer-optimized outboard crossover promotes a smooth transition between the woofer and tweeter for uniform response from the lows through the highs. You'll hear every note in perfect balance. "

Here some specs on them:

» component speaker system includes woofers, tweeters, and crossovers
» 2-ohm impedance
» 5-1/4" Plus One+ woven-glass-fiber woofer with hi-roll rubber surround
» 1" M.M.D. dome tweeter with multiple mounting options
» Starfish™ mounting bracket for easier tweeter installation in factory locations
» 2-way external crossover network (18 dB/octave, 3,500 Hz high- and low-pass) with adjustable tweeter attenuation settings
» power range: 2-85 watts RMS (255 watts peak power)
» frequency response: 55-25,000 Hz
» sensitivity: 94 dB
» top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
» warranty: 3 years

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's a nice component set, but what will you be running them off of? They're 2 ohm, so unless you have the bose system, or an aftermarket amp, you can't run them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
if you do install them, you'll damn near rattle your door panels off the doors

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i do in fact of the bose system... will that be enough to power these speakers or should i be getting a 50x4 amp for them? eventually i want to replace that sub that comes with the bose setup but i'm not sure what size to get for it... what i want to do is possibly run all of the door speakers off the amp as well as the new sub along with some capacitors. but the only problem is, i know very little on subs so could you recommend some to me that would fit in that "stock bose sub" spot? thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
the_gray_mazda6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing