Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i go over a bump....i hear as if there is like extra feedback and then you hear the speaker make a "thump" at first i thought the box was just bumping up and down..but i'm not sure it it's a loose connection or what...its not the power wire because i made sure that was secured up after the dealer disconnected it and tried to install it back...idiots...

but question is has anyone else encountered this? go over a bump and you get a "thump" "pop" from the speaker..? anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
944 Posts
loose speaker connection....maybe inside the box.....or at the amp. Almost sounds like (from your description) that the amp is turning back on after the bump.....do you normally have a thump when you turn on the stereo/car?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do hear a faint thump when i turn it on...but its alot louder sound when i run over bump....i'm getting a constant sound when i'm playing the radio and the sub is on...its not like the amp cuts off and then back on again...because you'd hear a lack of bass...which there isnt...so i'm guessing its either the speaker wire...which seems to be good...or one of the damn wire taps that i used...that'll be a bitch to debug...ugh...its my birthday wtf...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Do yourself a favor and remove the wire taps. Spend 4 bucks on a soldering iron at radio shack and 6 bucks on the good 3m electrical tape. Solder the wires. I can almost GUARANTEE that those are your problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
and just check your ground...and def. solder the wires....
[/b]
Also make sure that where u are grounding it you scrap off any paint off the surface first.... give u a better grounding spot. Good luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Rfloccari
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing