Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I just got a new deck about a month ago. Its really nice, kenwood excellon kdc590. It has a usb pigtail that comes up from the ashtray and i used to be able to pop in any mass media storage device with music on it and it would play. One day i came out from work and pooped in my thumb drive and it just didnt work. This seemed really weird cuz it had worked on the way to work and then it just didnt work anymore. I emailed Kenwood and they said you can try pressing the reset button. Did that and it didnt work, and they said i need to get it serviced. I personaly think they just want some more money from me. So, if anyone has any idea what is wrong i would appreciate it. And its great to be part of the forums!

Brian

04 Mazda 6 2.3 stock

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well from my experience with jumpdrives. They mess up alot, if there not removed from a computer correctly.
I would try maybe 2 or 3 different usb drive, before spending the money to have it serviced. I have had a usb drive only work on my laptop and not my desktop before. So strange things do happen like that. Let me know if you figure out the issue. Sorry wish i could give more help.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have had a jumpdrive completely fail on me - I would try another jumpdrive first before assuming its the HU.

·
Registered
820 Posts
plug your jumpdrive into your PC and run a scandisk/checkdisk on it through Windows Explorer. This will usually fix most corruption problems. Also make sure your drive isn't set to "Enable Faster Performance", it should be "Make for Quick Removal".

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked a few different drives. i even bought a new one to see if it was not the hu. im at a loss. is there any way that the connector to the hu is bad? and if so, any way to change it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts