Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this car 3 weeks ago 2014 M6 GT 13,000 miles. I got window Tint installed all the way around and sun strip on front window. After installling the car died and the Warning light stays lite up on the right side of dash panel. Orange triangle with ! In it. Says SCBS inspection required. I've cleaneres the window where sensors are and that didn't work. Has anyone ever had this happen or know how to fix it without going to the dealership

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Is the front strip covering the plethora of sensors in the top of the windshield at all?

You can also access some minor SCBS settings via the Info button on the steering wheel, but I can't think of a way to reset it (doesn't mean there isn't one). Hopefully someone else might know more definitively.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need help. With SCBS warning light on dash

I just bought this car. It only had 13,000 miles on it. It's a 2104 Mazda 6 IGT grand touring. Fully loaded with every option I got the windows tinted and a sun strip installed on front
Window. After they installed it the SCBS sensor warning light cane on and has stayed on and will not got out. It says SCBS inspection required and has a triangle with ! In it. Does anyone know how to reset this without going into dealership

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just guessing, I'd speculate that the tint strip on the top of the windshield is obstructing the SCBS sensor.

From Mazda's website:

Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) helps the driver avoid frontal collisions while driving at the slow speeds common in urban areas or congested traffic.
When driving at low speeds (approximately 4 - 30 km/h) a laser sensor mounted on the windsheild senses the car in front.

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Merged duplicate threads together.

Just guessing, I'd speculate that the tint strip on the top of the windshield is obstructing the SCBS sensor.

From Mazda's website:

Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) helps the driver avoid frontal collisions while driving at the slow speeds common in urban areas or congested traffic.
When driving at low speeds (approximately 4 - 30 km/h) a laser sensor mounted on the windsheild senses the car in front.
^^ I thought the same thing, but this was his reply to me:

The tint is on the. Inside of the window and it's cut around the sensor. So it's not covering it.
Must be something else then.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think it has something to do with your wifey doing her make-up while your taking pics of your car....

Seriously though. ... I would take it to the dealer. I would also think about taking off the tint strip first before going there. Unless your dealer is mod friendly. You can see in a blow up pic that the tint is not covering the sensors, it's cut around..... So take it in...
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
There may need to be more of a cutout. The sensor undoubtedly detects at some wider angle than just directly ahead. The opening in the tint may be just a hair too small. It worked before without error messages, right? Something isn't working now. Cutting a slightly bigger window is probably easier/more desirable than removing the entire strip.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I think it has something to do with your wifey doing her make-up while your taking pics of your car....

Seriously though. ... I would take it to the dealer. I would also think about taking off the tint strip first before going there. Unless your dealer is mod friendly. You can see in a blow up pic that the tint is not covering the sensors, it's cut around..... So take it in...
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I found this pic of a 2014 GT sensor pack, did yours look like this before the tint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
SubiGT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing