Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So did anyone get anywhere with the Mazda6 remote problem. I have 2 remotes and neither seem to work, I too get stuck at step 7. I have done the keyless entry system diagnostic test by putting the key in the on/off position 4 times and the trunk opens and horn sounds but cannot get the remotes programmed using the normal steps. If anyone get any answers it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So does this apply only to new reomtes? I have a remote that worked and then 30 min later it did not work. Changed the battery and still nothing. Does it just need to be reprogrammed or should I assume it went bad?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too also have the same problem, after step 7 no responds, also when i do the dianostics test the trunk doesn't pop either. I think the keyless entry system died on me. Is there a fuse to the alarm system, if there is does anyone know which one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't know where the fuse is, but I recently ordered a new remote from http://www.keylessride.com/ and it works!! I had ordered a used one from Ebay stating that it was tested and good but it did not work. First time trying the new one and it worked. I believe the new one ran about $50.

·
Registered
368 Posts
So does this apply only to new reomtes? I have a remote that worked and then 30 min later it did not work. Changed the battery and still nothing. Does it just need to be reprogrammed or should I assume it went bad?

Bought a used remote off ebay and it programed just fine. Guess I had a bad remote

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had 1 remote for 5 years that just bit the dust last week. I immediately replaced the battery with new and tried reprogramming and no dice.
So, i ordered a used remote from eBay ($20 - selection was scarce) and tried reprogramming.. again, no go. I replaced the battery with new on the eBay remote and tried, still.. fail. I have gone through the reprogramming steps sooo many times with tearing part the remotes, cleaning, etc in between and no dice.

Guess i need to take them to Checker or AutoZone and test the frequency sensor at the battery rack to see if I gets a signal.

I've read that antenna's can go bad, but i haven't been able to identify the location of the antenna(s) or exactly how many there are. I read that there are 6 and they are spread througout the car.

Maybe ill have to drop the 50 bucks on a new remote.. just hate to if there is a prob with the reciever, ya know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
the Visteon 41846 is for the wagon and 5 door notchback (or hatch). It will not work w/ the sedan, that uses a different Visteon fob. If you have a wagon, I have programming instructions that worked for my 2004 wagon. I think the programming directions are different for the sedan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, what are the instructions to program a Hatchback? I have tried these instructions may times and they don't work. Is the programming instructions different for a hatchback vs a sedan?

FCC id/Model is 41846

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done this reprogramming step a million times. i replaced the cr-2032 battery and did all these steps. it still doesn't work with either of my remotes. One interesting thing, the batteries don't want to stay in in either remote. i have used the 2025 and the 2032 batteries. The 2025 is too thin i guess, and the 2032 seems to be too big. What am i doing wrong? PS these are the remotes i received when i bought the car, and yes, one of the remotes did work for about a year. What do i do??

21 - 29 of 29 Posts