Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i just purchased a keyless remote from Ebay. It's called Visteon.
On the back FCC ID says KPU41846, Is that right? Cause I can't get the remote to work... Please help me~~

·
Registered
433 Posts
Sorry, I thought you had a sedan. The FCC I posted is for the sedan. I'm not sure what it is for the hatch. Did you try e-mailing the seller? Maybe he gave you incorrect programming instructions.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
I believe all of the remotes for the Mazda6 are made by Visteon. Does your new remote have the battery in it? I don't know how to program the remotes, but you may want to double check the way you are programming it.

My remote says Visteon Model 41846 (5-door).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Here are the programming instructions, in case yours might be different. I used these instructions to program my remote before, and it worked. I'm not sure if it's the same for the hatch remotes.

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hmm... that's weird. It responded for me and programed it when I did mine a long time ago. Maybe those instructions only work for sedans?

J

·
0 Posts
i get stuck on step 7. Pressing the button doesn't do anything... I get no responds...
[/b]

hi there, i got the same instructions as you,i had to follow 8 steps, on step 7 i fail to complete.
it states"Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors"
when i press any of the buttons twices nothing happens!!!could you please help!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi there, i got the same instructions as you,i had to follow 8 steps, on step 7 i fail to complete.
it states"Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors"
when i press any of the buttons twices nothing happens!!!could you please help!!!!
[/b]

I also have a sedan. and when i did this, nothing happened on step #7 either. Does it matter which button you press on the remote?

·
Registered
863 Posts
thats odd. step 7 works fine for me. I guess the remote isnt compatible. I know i had one go out on me and i tried to program my friends remote from a mazda3 to it and it wouldnt go past 7 either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I followed these instruction with a new remote (purchased off ebay for less than half of what the dealer was going to charge). The dealer wanted $120 to program the remote as well so these instructions really paid off. If these instructions don't work for you, your remote may have gone bad. It seems to be a common problem with the Mazda 6 remotes. My last car's remote lasted for over 10 years and I never even had to change a battery. Both of my 6's remotes went stopped working within days of each other at about 4 years old (one used every day and another hung on a key rack as a spare). Why they went bad? No one knows.

QUOTE (amy504 @ Aug 5 2005, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=477619
Here are the programming instructions, in case yours might be different. I used these instructions to program my remote before, and it worked. I'm not sure if it's the same for the hatch remotes.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the drivers door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the drivers door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done![/b]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im having the same problem with my keyless entry...i just purchased it from ebay and seller said that it was tested and worked fine...i was wondering if maybe it was just the battery so im going to try and find one and hopefully that will fix the problem. If it doesnt work then im going to have to return it to the seller and buy a brand new one :(....we will see how it goes...how many more people are having problems getting past step 7?

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (palanilopez12 @ May 2 2009, 04:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1555928
Im having the same problem with my keyless entry...i just purchased it from ebay and seller said that it was tested and worked fine...i was wondering if maybe it was just the battery so im going to try and find one and hopefully that will fix the problem. If it doesnt work then im going to have to return it to the seller and buy a brand new one :(....we will see how it goes...how many more people are having problems getting past step 7?[/b]
same problem here.. does anyone know why it doesnt reply on step 7?? whats the problem? am starting to think its the reciever!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know how my fobs lost their programming.... But this worked great for me. I have an '06 6 sedan. Programmed perfectly the first try.
I even got my spare fob to program as well ... During step 8, press any key on the spare fob twice (it will lock/unlock hence as well).

Thanks for the tips. Easy cash cow for the dealer I guess.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
21 Participants
Michelle Mason Raines
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing