Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved XENON HALO bulbs for the Hi-Beam. I am stressing over the installation because the Cover to the stock bulb is not coming off. I know there are clips that you have to push, but I cant seem to get all of them. Should I disconnect the battery before I put them in? Is there any wires that I have to re-arrange for the bulb. Can someone give me some instructions, or pics to show me how its done? Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
you mean the dust cap? you push down on the one clip it has on top and then pull towards the back of the car. once it comes out a little, you can let off the clip then grab it and pull upwards and out.

once you are inside, there is a spring type wire that clips over the base of the bulbs. the wire has a square end on it, so you can't miss it. just push the wire towards the front of the car and then pull up. unplug the connector from the bulb and you should be able to just pull it out.

the base of the bulbs are designed to go in only one direction, so you can't mess it up getting it in the wrong way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bud for the help, I had to disconnect the entire Air filter box in order to get to the Drivers side light. With a little help of a buddy, we had them done with in 20 minutes
Thanks again

chris

·
Registered
418 Posts
pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
travis0385
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing