Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have the Tinted 7 Color Gauge Series (Glow Shift) and I would really appreciate help with installing these gauges. Does anyone have a walkthrough of how to do these? Also, I'm looking at a diagram for these gauges and t is saying that "sensor attachment have to buy extraly". What attachments would i need exactly (if known)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

All i have found is how to hook up my oil pressure gauge so far with a complete walkthrough and parts... but i still need a/f ratio, voltage, and oil temp.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Noone is able to guide me in the right direction of how to do these? I'm sure there is some place that says this stuff... but i have yet to find it :tear:

·
Registered
344 Posts
well i have the oil pressure and oil temp. The way I have them done is with a sandwich plate.(oil filter adapter) I have the oil pressure sensor in one of the holes and the oil temp sensor in the other. and it has been working without a problem ever since.

edit: i have the 3.0

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have the oil pressure and oil temp. The way I have them done is with a sandwich plate.(oil filter adapter) I have the oil pressure sensor in one of the holes and the oil temp sensor in the other. and it has been working without a problem ever since.

edit: i have the 3.0
[/b]
okay cool, i was going to be getting a perma-cool sandwich plate from pegasusautoracing.com. now that i know you can use that plate for both oil locations, i'll have to get on top of that! but i still have no information on the a/f ratio gauge... anyone know where I can find that at?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still no help with this topic?.... must be a slow day for members since they are probably working! :tear:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry, this isn't help...but I'm thinking of the af gauge as well. Where did you get yours?

Let me know if you get any info...I'll be watching this thread.

I think...but i'm not sure...that you have to splice into the o2 sensor....but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, this isn't help...but I'm thinking of the af gauge as well. Where did you get yours?

Let me know if you get any info...I'll be watching this thread.

I think...but i'm not sure...that you have to splice into the o2 sensor....but I'm not sure.
[/b]
I purchased my gauge off www.glowshift.com

i figured you have to tap into the o2 sensor, but it is a matter of how to get a pretty accurate reading. Now i know that if you want dead on accuracy, you will dish out easily $400 for an a/f gauge, but this does the trick pretty well for the money. I sure hope someone can explain how to do this soon... I'm getting eager to install this haha :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Sorry I don't check this section much, surprised nobody has replied.

The A/F Wideband gauge has to be welded on after the exhaust manifold, probably on the downpipe. We also sell the AEM and Autometer A/F/Wideband gauges, PM us. We got both in stock.

A sanwish plate is a nice, easy, clean way to do yours. Please PM me which one you have, link? Again, I am not in this section often.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for an air/fuel connection to the gauge, is there a way to just splice into the factory wiring of my car or do i need to buy a kit such as this (http://www.turbobits.co.uk/acatalog/digita...tio_gauges.html)? there has to be a way to just tap into a wire somewhere as the factory ECU has to constantly monitor air/fuel ratio at all times to adjust fuel trim.

LC-1 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Controller Ref: DT028.1

LC-1 Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Controller with wideband o2 sensor. This kit is only the controller and does not include a display. You can use it for fuel injection systems or datalog your o2.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ok havent been on the forums in a while, but i did get the perma-cool sandwich plate as in the how-to, but when i looked at it I wasnt to sure if it was going to work, cuz the oil only flows in one direction. It looked like it was for a oil cooler. so I used a differnt sandwich plate it was called "alfit". got it here from a local shop, (sqanerd knows what shop im talking about.) but it didnt come in a 22x1.5mm thread, so i used the perma cool sandwich plate's 22x1.5mm thread and put it on the alfit sandwich plate, and everything worked out well.

So I didnt use the perma-cool sandwich plate instead I used the Alfit, i dunno where you would be able to get one from. but if you cant find any sandwich plates that work let me know, I could set you up with one. PM me or something.

·
Registered
181 Posts
after looking around the AF gauge isn't going to be too cheap.

AEM's looks like a good option....I also think that CP-E is going to be coming out with a wide band controller for the 6 this fall some time.

I did talk to CP-E about it and they recommended...http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
He said these guys offer the most accurate one on the market right now.

This is a pretty expensive gauge though.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still think there has to be a way to just splice into some wires to monitor the a/f ratio for the vehicle... it's going to be a search and destroy mission!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I still think there has to be a way to just splice into some wires to monitor the a/f ratio for the vehicle... it's going to be a search and destroy mission!
[/b]
Any updates? I just got an autometer a/f guage and I'm waiting to hook it up. Also need to hook up digital rpm/ shift light - if anybody knows which wires to tap into, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
noone has posted on how to hook up the a/f gauge... it's like a mystery! i'm trying to see how my buddy hooked his up in his Pontiac GTP... we'll see if we can do the same thing. If so, I'll let you know how it was done.

·
Registered
41 Posts
noone has posted on how to hook up the a/f gauge... it's like a mystery! i'm trying to see how my buddy hooked his up in his Pontiac GTP... we'll see if we can do the same thing. If so, I'll let you know how it was done.
[/b]
I was reading through some posts and I read somewhere that someone was going to tap into the black wire. It didn't say if it worked or not. :shrug:

·
Registered
41 Posts
[/b]

Anything work? Getting anxious to hook it up.

Maybe Ill just try tapping it in

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
5 Participants
timmyshwagg
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing