Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, well I finally got a CP-E MAFci system for my 6s used from another member from this forum. Unfortunately, there were no provided instructions. I decided to try and install it from the pictures and write ups on this forum. When I got to the ECU wiring, I didn't know what I was doing and so I stopped. I thought the system would still work without splicing the wiring. Boy, was I wrong... right when I started her up, the idling on my 6 was very erratic, and one time even dropped to 0 and then went back up to 1000 rpms. I tried driving her just down the street but found it VERY difficult to accelerate and was forced to park it in my garage. Ok, I know I should have waited until I could find a copy of the instructions... but could anyone help me out? I really need a copy of the manual and I tried to find it on the cp-e website but ended up just e-mailing them for a copy and I haven't received a response yet. I have to go to work on Monday so I was hoping someone on this forum could lend a BIG helping hand. Please help! My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thank you soooooo much!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi guys and gals, well I finally got a CP-E MAFci system for my 6s used from another member from this forum. Unfortunately, there were no provided instructions. I decided to try and install it from the pictures and write ups on this forum. When I got to the ECU wiring, I didn't know what I was doing and so I stopped. I thought the system would still work without splicing the wiring. Boy, was I wrong... right when I started her up, the idling on my 6 was very erratic, and one time even dropped to 0 and then went back up to 1000 rpms. I tried driving her just down the street but found it VERY difficult to accelerate and was forced to park it in my garage. Ok, I know I should have waited until I could find a copy of the instructions... but could anyone help me out? I really need a copy of the manual and I tried to find it on the cp-e website but ended up just e-mailing them for a copy and I haven't received a response yet. I have to go to work on Monday so I was hoping someone on this forum could lend a BIG helping hand. Please help! My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thank you soooooo much!
[/b]
I have the intrustions for the wiring for a 2005 6i. If anyone can confirm they are similar I can forward you some pics's of those. But I highly doubt the wiring is going to be the same.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
OP, you should really get the instructions directly from CP-E. The 6i wiring is not the same as the 6s and there are differences in the ECU from the 2003 and 2004 to the 2005.

I have found the guys at CP-E are really good as far as support even with people who are second-hand owners.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
if the fellas at CPE cannot send you the directions, i can. i have directions for the 2003-4 V6. i pulled & sold the MAFci from my 03 M6s before it was traded for the speed6.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As the others have said, just contact CPE. I have talked to the guys there in the last few days and they are just awesome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess the cp-e guys don't work on weekends, cuz I already sent a couple of e-mails to them. Does anyone have an online copy (word .doc or adobe ,pdf file) available? Or a link to all the pics? I REALLY need to get this done by tonight, and if any of you guys or gals can help I'd be REALLY appreciative! Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
did you remove the green electronic siloniod off the factory airbox, attach it to the CPE black plate & reconnect the electrical connector?

how about the vacuum hoses? did you remember to reconnect all of them? the only ones not reused are the two that plug into the green silonoid.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
did you remove the green electronic siloniod off the factory airbox, attach it to the CPE black plate & reconnect the electrical connector?

how about the vacuum hoses? did you remember to reconnect all of them? the only ones not reused are the two that plug into the green silonoid.
[/b]
Yeah, i plugged the solenoid onto the bottom of the black plate just like in the pics, and connected the green electrical connector too. I was a little confused about the vacuum hoses.... I remember dismounting the gold connection thing located on the stock rubber intake piping, near the throttle body. but i kept the 2 small hoses and connector intact. They're just hanging near the CP-E piping now.... but i didn't kno what hoses connect to the cp-e piping.... there are two openings, one bigger than the other.... i don't know what to connect to those, if anything. oy, i want to finish this today.... anyone who has experience with this, please help! thanks.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I guess the cp-e guys don't work on weekends, cuz I already sent a couple of e-mails to them. Does anyone have an online copy (word .doc or adobe ,pdf file) available? Or a link to all the pics? I REALLY need to get this done by tonight, and if any of you guys or gals can help I'd be REALLY appreciative! Thanks again!
[/b]
i believe that as per CP-E request, nobody is allowed to reproduce the instructions, so i'm assuming that's why you can't find it on their website.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Yes, the instructions usually have to come from CP-E in order to shield their intellectual product as much as possible. Yes, some other company could buy a whole unit and get the same thing, but at least then there is some compensation to CP-E for their work.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys, could someone just go over which hoses need to be plugged and maybe a simple diagram to which ECU need splicing? The wires just need a little exposure so the clips can fasten on, right? I don't have to cut the ENTIRE wire? I'm also confused as to which two wires the orange and green wires from the MAFci go to... Here is what I have so far:

For 2003-2004 Wiring @ ECU:

Color-MAF-Wire___ECU #___Color-Factory Wire
Black___25___Black/White Strip
Red___97___White/Blue Strip
Orange___88___Gray/Black Strip (MAF Side)
Green___88___Gray/Black Strip (ECU Side)
White___63___Brown/Yellow Strip
Blue___52___Light Blue

I can locate all the wires except the gray/black strip ones on the factory ECU. Which way is MAF and ECU side?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
when you find that wire you've got to cut it. then you attach the wires, Orange to the MAF box side & Green to the ECU harness side. make sure that you don't cut it too close to the harness, leave at least 3 to 4 inches.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just installed the cp-e injen fix today, but it was for an 05 so the wiring is a little different(same install, just have to tap different wires). With the green and orange wires, they both go on wire #88. To do this, you have to cut wire #88 in half. You attach the green wire on the side that is attached to the gray wiring harness you had to remove. The orange wire gets attached to the side that goes to the computer. The reason for this is so the signal goes into the box then back out to the car. Just make sure that you cover the bare ends of wire #88 in either a crimp or electrical tape to prevent a short. This is the only wire you have to cut.

If you are using the red 3M scotchlok's, then you do not have to expose the wire at all. You just clip the scotchlok's on the wires, then plug the cp-e wires into it..

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
ya.....I had just about the same problem about the RPM. My co-worker & I installed the CP-E last Saturday. After installing,started the engine......PERFECT!....So we test drove it,pulled back in the shop,and ate lunch. When it was time for me to leave,Started the engine again..................ummmmmmmm.......Dead......I said to myself....*GREAT!! :swearin: .uggghhh.... ahahah

So my co-worker started to mess around with it,trying his best to solve the problem, he stated,try it now!.....Whatever he done....it started! Everything was fine until I had to go to my sister's wedding reception. Same thing happened.......No Go!.....And what made things 10 times worse.....the **CHECK ENGINE LIGHT** :huh: came on!!!.....I read on the web-site, if the Check Engine light is on.....There is seriously something wrong with the installation!...I thought to myself,and started to make excuses to my co-worker while I called him on the phone. I guess it needs to reprogram itset to know its tuned. I gave it one more shot...started.....ignition.......so......I turned on the A/C.............Dead!......aahaha So now,I'm afraid to turn on the A/C while I'm driving!! ahhaa.....But for now........Its been working fine...........*knock on wood* :yesnod:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just installed the cp-e injen fix today, but it was for an 05 so the wiring is a little different(same install, just have to tap different wires). With the green and orange wires, they both go on wire #88. To do this, you have to cut wire #88 in half. You attach the green wire on the side that is attached to the gray wiring harness you had to remove. The orange wire gets attached to the side that goes to the computer. The reason for this is so the signal goes into the box then back out to the car. Just make sure that you cover the bare ends of wire #88 in either a crimp or electrical tape to prevent a short. This is the only wire you have to cut.

If you are using the red 3M scotchlok's, then you do not have to expose the wire at all. You just clip the scotchlok's on the wires, then plug the cp-e wires into it..
[/b]
Ok, this makes a lot of sense.... thanks to all you guys and gals who helped me... I'm gonna get some din din and then give it a shot afterwards.... wish me luck and I'll post again whether I run into another problem (hope not) or if it all works! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SUCCESS! I finished the wiring and took her out for a spin.... man, the acceleration is awesome! Everytime I touched the accelerator it just wanted to GO! Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this! I really appreciate your help! :)

From one happy driver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts