Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<strike>OK, well I just got the CP-E non tunable intake system and left the instructions at home (over and hour away). Is there anywhere I can find the wiring diagram online or installation instructions?</strike>

OK, new problem! I got home found the directions but they do not match what I have in my car! First thing is the directions refer to a blue wire coming out of the MAF customizer. I do not have a blue wire. Then on page 4 it gives you a reference chart. says:

MAF ECU Wire #
Black #25
Red #97
Orange #88
Green #88
White #63
Blue #52

But in the instructions it refers to the following

Black = #25
Red = #34
Blue = #52
White = #39
Orange = #11
Green = #11

Whats going on? Also car is idling at less than 750rpm and seems like it wants to die out

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I have the ones for the 4 cylinder.. would they be the same?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Make sure the year on the instructions matches the actual year of your car or else it will not work right.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MAF ECU Wire #
Black #25
Red #97
Orange #88
Green #88
White #63
Blue #52

But in the instructions it refers to the following

Black = #25
Red = #34
Blue = #52
White = #39
Orange = #11
Green = #11

Whats going on? Also car is idling at less than 750rpm and seems like it wants to die out
[/b]
OK, figured out that with the PURPLE wire I have that should be the BLUE one they are refering to in the installation guide but the mix match of wires scares me. Why reference in the chart RED = #97 but then in the instructions it says RED = #34????

Make sure the year on the instructions matches the actual year of your car or else it will not work right.
[/b]
No date on the instructions.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I would stop and double-check on the install instructions. There are differences between the 2003 and 2004 model years and your 2005. The ECU layout changed. Heed dawei's advise and get in touch with the guys at CPE. Even if you bought it used, they will help you out.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would stop and double-check on the install instructions. There are differences between the 2003 and 2004 model years and your 2005. The ECU layout changed. Heed dawei's advise and get in touch with the guys at CPE. Even if you bought it used, they will help you out.
[/b]
Yeah the real kicker is the guy I bought it from had an 05' S model as well. I was there when we pulled it off and saw it ran great prior to. I did not get the chance to look under at the harness to see what wires he had hooked up but figured I dod not need to.

·
Registered
635 Posts
MAF ECU Wire #
Black #25
Red #97
Orange #88
Green #88
White #63
Blue #52

Those wire numbers are for the 03-04 ECU I believe... I'm looking at my install instructions for 03-04 and that's what is listed.

So these wire numbers you have must be for your 05:

Black = #25
Red = #34
Blue = #52
White = #39
Orange = #11
Green = #11

Are those the ones you spliced into?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MAF ECU Wire #
Black #25
Red #97
Orange #88
Green #88
White #63
Blue #52

Those wire numbers are for the 03-04 ECU I believe... I'm looking at my install instructions for 03-04 and that's what is listed. So those other wire numbers you have must be for your 05.
[/b]
Do your instructions show a date on them? The only date I see in this is page 3 says at the top Mazda6s (6 Cylinder) Cold Air Injen Intake CEL Fix '05

Black = #25
Red = #34
Blue = #52
White = #39
Orange = #11
Green = #11

Are those the ones you spliced into?
[/b]
Yes, I started to cheat BEFORE reading and tapped into the other #'s but then stopped read and went with the ones in the actual instructions not the ones in the quick reference chart.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mine says for 03-04. So those ECU wire #'s listed in the reference chart are the ones from 03-04's ECU.

So you did use the ones in the actual instructions and you still have problems?

Check all your connections with those wire numbers that are in the actual instructions. You could have a bad splice or two.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine says for 03-04. So those ECU wire #'s listed in the reference chart are the ones from 03-04's ECU.

Use the other wire numbers that are in the actual instructions and it should hopefully work.
[/b]
I did but seems to be idling a little low and I took it out but did not really feel a power difference.

You could have a bad splice or two.
[/b]
Would it still run with a bad splice?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats what happens when you use crimp connects instead of soldering them like you should
[/b]
Dude, the bad news is that I went back and did solder them. Now car starts and the traction control lights will not turn off. and Runs rough

Dude, the bad news is that I went back and did solder them. Now car starts and the traction control lights will not turn off. and Runs rough
[/b]
More bad news. I have removed the MAF controller and jumped the two wires that it said to cut back to one another and now the car is still doing the same thing

·
Registered
635 Posts
It'll run rough if you don't have the customizer connected, because the pipe is huge and throws all the airflow readings out of whack.

You should give CP-E a call tomorrow to get the proper wire #'s and hope it works after that.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
It'll run rough if you don't have the customizer connected, because the pipe is huge and throws all the airflow readings out of whack.

You should give CP-E a call tomorrow to get the proper wire #'s and hope it works after that.
[/b]

Sounds to me like you grounded out your MAF sensor when you installed your intake pipe

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds to me like you grounded out your MAF sensor when you installed your intake pipe
[/b]
Not sure how I could have but maybe. I'm going to call them tomorrow and might have to end up going down there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
7 Participants
Justins6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing