Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really tried to avoid this but I would like to install a cold-air intake I have. I have seen steps on the mazda6tech how-to but the thing is I have never done this before. I am almost 16 and I have had the car for about a month and my dad has no experience with this kind of stuff. I live in Bucks County, PA I am willing to pay someone (of course), we will discuss how much if I find someone.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I noticed you live in Richboro..You're not even 16 and you have a car??? Do you even have your learners license??

About the intake, there are a lot of guys out there that will help you out I'm sure..But I don't touch other people's car but my own because if something goes wrong or you get a CEL you will sure blame it on me..

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The cold air intake is one of the easiest things to install on the car. Other than the wiring that is involved if you get the CPE, every intake is basically the same inside the engine bay. The instructions that come with them are good, and just ask questions on here if you get stuck.

I installed mine when I was about 16 also, and had no problems

·
Registered
756 Posts
What intake did you get?
I am going to need to install my cpe and motor mount with in the next week or two.
Maybe if there is a couple others that need to do some work we could get a little install meet.
If not i can help ya anyway.
Im in ambler. how far are you from here?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Your not even 16 and you drive a new car?????

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's my question, still no response..

Your not even 16 and you drive a new car?????
[/b]

Around here in Newtown and Richboro, 16 year old kids drive BMW's and Infiniti's...PRetty freakin crazy to me..

The cold air intake is one of the easiest things to install on the car. Other than the wiring that is involved if you get the CPE, every intake is basically the same inside the engine bay. The instructions that come with them are good, and just ask questions on here if you get stuck.

I installed mine when I was about 16 also, and had no problems
[/b]

The CPE install was pretty easy, I had no problems with it, of course a fellow 6'er was there to help me out if any problems.. But, CPE is definitely THE intake to go with if you're getting one..

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
must be nice to be that rich.....

I was lucky to get my parents 10year old camry junior year of college.

Im sorry no kid w/ a fresh new lisence shoudl be drivign anything w/ more then 100hp. At least not until they have matured and learn responsability because that is exactly what owning a car is all about.

O and hte intake is easy to install, takes about an hour. if you get the cp-e solder the wires for a solid connection

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its all good guys thanks anyway. No i dont have my permit. I have this car because i'm an only child and my parents inherited money from my aunt that passed away. as for the kids i see with new cars, some of them i no actually paid with their own money. yeah i no i couldnt believe either, they have good jobs.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
good jobs at the age of 16 that can buy $20,000 + cars??? jesus what the hell was I thinking making a paultry $7/hr in college

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lol..I bought my car after 9 years of savings and you're telling me that you know 15 year old kids that buy them with their current jobs??? If you're not 16 the only place you'll get a job is a local ice cream shack or Chick Fil-A...Sorry, Not gonna buy it..But hey you're pretty lucky to have a car at your age, and at least you admit that your parents bought it for you and not make some story up..Just PLEASE make sure that you don't end up like a bunch of kids have around this area that think they can drive and end up dead..Good luck and be careful..

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today I tried installing it myself I had the tools with me prepared and knew what to do. But the ramps I have that are old and dirty couldn't raise the car for me. My dad helped me get the car on the ramps as he was driving and me directing him. But the car was too low for it that would hit the bumper if he went any further. I am pissed now because I can't do it now as I need to get under to remove resonator and install filter. So I going to see if someone I know could help me.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont want to get into all that and besides the model in the how-to had the silver mazda on ramps anyway.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
if you turn the tires all the way to the right, and remove four screws from the lower panel, and three of the push screws the go up the fender well, you can get in there with no problem. i have done it that way many times. and i have fat, large hands. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing