Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yesterday I put a dehumidifier in the garage. This morning the car fired right up.

Moisture is getting into something.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tried to start it again after an hour and same problem. I removed that first ground connection (close to the negative battery terminal) and sanded away the paint. Then everything was cleaned with a wire brush and sand paper (everything.)

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Well that sucks. Keep us posted on what it was. It may help someone else out in the future.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
And it's back. The shop said it was a bad terminal clamp on the positive battery cable. The part was $4.99. It looked perfectly fine to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
And it's back. The shop said it was a bad terminal clamp on the positive battery cable. The part was $4.99. It looked perfectly fine to me.

[]
Bad terminal clamp?!? To think that you have gone to all that hassle when it's just an easy fix!

Well, who am I to speak? I had one experience to my old car that it won't start. I left it overnight to a shop and got it the following morning. They won't charge me for the fix. After two days, the car won't run again. The lights are coming on but won't start. I called for help. The guy checked the starter and it's good. Every relay is also good. It was by "chance" when he found out that I have a loose ground terminal to my transmission.

I think that's why the shop won't charge me for the fix last time. I suspect that the car started when they checked it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
4 Participants
Archerfish
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing