Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 2008-2013 D/S seat trims will fit a 2007 Mazda 6? I have power seats with the manual lumbar. Pictured is the 2008-2013 replacement part which looks very similar. I cant find a 2007 part anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found a picture of the back side. Doesn't look like an exact fit though I am sure the power seat controls would fit.
EDIT:
Found a better pick and looks like the 08-13 are a direct fit for the 07. I am ordering one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This pic is directly off the page from ebay. I looked again and it looks like the same part number. It also looks like all the clips line up where they need to be. I already ordered. I wanted gray but screw it, black is what I found.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now if anyone knows where I can find a compatible knob.....the one I had fell off within the last few days and I have no idea where that happened at. It was literally the only thing holding the trim onto the seat. All the clips were broken off which is why I needed a replacement. So far I have replaced the radio (by choice), the windshield (due to large crack) and plastic dipped the mirrors and door trim. It is the kids car but I dont want them ashamed to drive it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Now if anyone knows where I can find a compatible knob.....the one I had fell off within the last few days and I have no idea where that happened at. It was literally the only thing holding the trim onto the seat. All the clips were broken off which is why I needed a replacement. So far I have replaced the radio (by choice), the windshield (due to large crack) and plastic dipped the mirrors and door trim. It is the kids car but I dont want them ashamed to drive it.
Fortunate kids to have you as their father!

Going back, it might be difficult to look for the knob "only" if it is part of a set.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply, I did find one or two on ebay but not sure if they are a direct fit and now that the part is MIA I cant look for the part number. I will keep an eye out and I will update back here to verify that the part worked or not. :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Got any salvage yards near you? I've been addicted to my local ones for the last few months picking up pieces here and there to fix up my '06 to fully working and better looking order. If you can find one nearby, might be worth a look. This is of course, assuming you already haven't done so. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have not physically visited any but did a couple of parts requests with little to no results. I do need to find one as its fun to pull parts sometimes. Just as long as they don't overcharge. I've seen some places charge way too much for a used part at the junk yard before.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did end up finding a knob fairly cheap, 10 bucks. Part was 1.67, shipping was 8.03. PN GAC6-88-188A-02 LEVER

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright, I got it fixed. First, if you are going to do this you need to know that 3 clips use a expansion clip which doesn't release when you try to pull it back off. Instead it either breaks or it strips off the plastic tab. So don't test fit, just put it on and don't take it back off. I found out the hard way as I had 2 of the old tabs broken off where the new tabs were going to mount to the seat. So I had to remove it to pull those pieces out. I wish I would have looked first. Anyway I was able to salvage these cheap thin metal expansion clips but I am unsure as to how long it will hold up. I attached the pics showing the old vs new with the buttons transferred. You should be able to see how bad the old part was on the exterior. I didn't picture how F'ed up the other side is.

---Pics to follow

1 - 14 of 14 Posts