Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 04 6s in to have it serviced and they called today and said that I have a valve cover gasket leaking and the valve body gasket is leaking on the transmission. They also recommended that I replace the spark plugs. The price for just the two gaskets is going to be over 600.00 plus whatever the price to do the plugs. My question is should I try to do any of this myself or just go ahead and bite the bullet and let them do it. Hoping some of you guys have done these repairs and could give me a little insight on how hard of a job it would be for me to do.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I took my 04 6s in to have it serviced and they called today and said that I have a valve cover gasket leaking and the valve body gasket is leaking on the transmission. They also recommended that I replace the spark plugs. The price for just the two gaskets is going to be over 600.00 plus whatever the price to do the plugs. My question is should I try to do any of this myself or just go ahead and bite the bullet and let them do it. Hoping some of you guys have done these repairs and could give me a little insight on how hard of a job it would be for me to do.
You should be able to do the valve cover gasket and plugs yourself its really quite easy, removing the intake is what will take the longest, i think there is a write up on here about how to change your plugs, you should be able to do plugs and the gasket in a few hours, just take your time, it will save you a bunch of money, ive never messed with the valve body so i cant say how hard that is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts