Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I need some help ASAP in regards to fittament (within the next few hours). I am looking at a set of Falken Wheel Circuit Spec (size 18x7, 5x114.3, ET:42) with Toyo Proxes 4 (225/45R18) wrapped around it. I am pretty sure that it fits stock because I chose it from a package for the Mazda6s (2005). The problem is, I don't want 18s without lowering the car a bit. I was looking at the Mazdaspeed springs for the hatch that will soon be available via the group buys. Can someone please let me know ASAP if it will rub? This would be the Falkens on 18 Toyos with Mazdaspeed Springs for the Hatch. If it does rub, is there any springs that fit the 6s sedan that don't rub? Thanks!

Link: http://www.edgeracing.com/2005/Mazda/6/bundle/342/

·
Registered
142 Posts
Its not the springs that will cause you to rub. With a 42 offset you should just plan on rolling the fenders to be safe.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Plan on rolling the fenders. But if you search you would find that springs are NOT the reason for rubbing. Springs will only increase the FREQUENCY of rubbing, since the car is lowered which means the fender is closer the tires. Offset, wheel width, and tire width all play roles in rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts