Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have done of adding performance parts on my car which are

Injen Cold Air Intak, 67mm Throttle Body(drive by wire),F2 Header, Magnaflow Cat, Cosworth Manifold(installed soon).

So, I need help of choosing a suitable tuning tool .

I have thought about, Hypertech Max Energy Sport , Apexi S-AFC neo, Greddy E-mange Ultimate. didn't think about AEM,cuz high cost.
So, Which one is good for my application ?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
given we don't get the 2.0 in the states, which means another completely different ecu that Justin won't have any access to....i wouldn't hold your breathe for that one to come out.

your best option for the time being would be hypertech, though again, they've been working with the US ecu, which you obviously don't have. though the piggyback systems can do a lot for fuel tuning, they won't advance timing which is what you'd need to take advantage of things like the manifold and whatnot. Haltech has a unit that has worked on the non US ecu's, so maybe try hitting up the Australian tuner sites?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
given we don't get the 2.0 in the states, which means another completely different ecu that Justin won't have any access to....i wouldn't hold your breathe for that one to come out.

your best option for the time being would be hypertech, though again, they've been working with the US ecu, which you obviously don't have. though the piggyback systems can do a lot for fuel tuning, they won't advance timing which is what you'd need to take advantage of things like the manifold and whatnot. Haltech has a unit that has worked on the non US ecu's, so maybe try hitting up the Australian tuner sites?
I sent to hypertech message and waiting for reply.Universal ECU would help ? ( AEM,Haltech,....etc)

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
it really all depends on your goals. if you are looking to get everything you can and plan on using a shop/dyno for tuning the car, then you'd benefit a lot from a standalone. You do give up some things, including a lot of money in your wallet though.

i would look outside of the US though, as we for sure don't have anything with experience on the 2.0 mazda6 ecu. it could be similar, but no clue at this point. If you have a good shop/electrical person, the standback 2.0 might be a good option for you from Custom Performance Engeineering ( CPE around here)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will search for some ECU and do comparison for their efficiency and cost.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi
I talked to AEM,Hypertech,CP-E and Haltech

AEM said try F/IC it will adjust feul and retard timing ,not advance
Hypertech said Max Energy tuned for Intake and Catback
CP-E said Tuneable MAF Customizer will be perfect for my mods
Haltech said try Platinum 500

I thinking now about CP-E and AEM F/IC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts