Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I just got a '03 Subaru Outback for my winter car (since the 6 doesn't do too good on these icy roads) and instead of having to spend at least 5 minutes every morning brushing snow off it in the freezing, windy snow, I am considering parking my 6 outside now with a car cover on it during the winter so I can park the Subie in the garage. Then in the summer when I drive the 6 again, I'll switch their locations.

Anyway, I want a good durable, heavy-duty car cover that's not going to blow off in the slightest wind, ya know? Both to protect the car and to keep "prying eyes" from being tempted to vandalize/break into it since it'll be more vulnerable outside. It does kind of stick out since it's bright Speed Yellow, so being covered will hopefully not draw as much attention.

Any suggestions? Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i'm not sure if anyone has told you this, but a car still operates when wet....pretty much any cover will trap condensation under it

·
Registered
381 Posts
I got one from Costco, large, 29.99.
It's a 4layer breathable, but doesn't say anything about being weather resistant.
I park my car in a car port so it's mostly covered. Hopefully the cover will work against rain, if not, its going back.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have this one: http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=1289

i like it, it's not too thick or thin and it fits perfect so you don't have to worry about it being too big and blowing off.[/b]
I have had that same cover I bought from the dealership 6 months ago and have had no problems with it regardless of temparature,etc. Fits awesome! Even leaves a clear window to see your license plate so noone hassles you about what's under the cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.