Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just bought my 6 about 3 weeks ago. its a 03 with the bose stereo, well part of the stereo as i just came to find out. when i bought the car i didnt really listen to the stereo being i was checking to make sure everything else worked. then when driving it home i noticed even with the stereo maxed out i could barely hear it. well this weekend i did some readin on the bose stereo on here and checked some stuff out. well come to find out, the retards that owned the car before me TOOK the stock bose amp out of the car and taped the wires together. needless to say i was more then shocked to see this. so i need to know, can i hook up a after market 4 channel amp in its place. and if so would i need to convert the wires to a rca plug or could i just connect them to the wire harness pin that is comes with most amps. or does anyone have a stock bose amp plus harness plugs laying around i could buy?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You COULD do that. The problem being that the bose sub still won't work. The easiest thing to do would be to find someone who has removed their bose amp and buy it off of them. It sounds like the person before you had an aftermarket system in the car, then just hacked it back together when they decided to sell it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Shoot me an email , I have a bose amp and sub I took out of my car its a 2004 but they were only used about a year before I got my new system.

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Blazing Copper 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing