Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the L.A. California area have a scanner I can use to read what the CEL is on my 6? And able to meet up tuesday (10/31/2006) evening. It came on after I drove down to Laguna Nigel tonight. I didn't notice any difference in how the engine sounded or how it drove so I am thinking that since it is really the first time it has been driven in rush hour highway traffic since I got it about 2 weeks ago (normal driving is stop and go mostly below 45ish).
Thanks

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

Or could anyone recommend a place to get it scanned for free?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
you could try autozone but they need to have a CAN scanner? not too sure about my terminology. do a little searching. :p

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
i have one im in @#$%%^
changed for privacy purposes.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pm sent

·
Registered
487 Posts
its probably a CAI code, but the rule of thumb is to NEVER assume a code, because 1 light, tons of codes, yadda.

Is the light solid, or did it flash then turn solid?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should be able to take it to Autozone and borrow an OBD2 scanner. Or you can try disconnecting your battery for a minute, and reset your ECU, just to see if it was a one-time deal; the code will just come back if it isn't, but I recommend getting the code read.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be able to take it to Autozone and borrow an OBD2 scanner. Or you can try disconnecting your battery for a minute, and reset your ECU, just to see if it was a one-time deal; the code will just come back if it isn't, but I recommend getting the code read.
[/b]
Autozone tried to charge me $50 just to read the code....I just laughed at them. Hopefully I'm going to get the code read in a day or two.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Anyway, I met up with explorecaves last night.

pulled a p0442. hopefully a loose/cross threaded gas cap.

·
Registered
487 Posts
light ever come back on?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, and I have the scanguage II now. Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts