Mazda 6 Forums banner

Navigation System

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Archerfish 
#1 ·
I have a 2017 Mazda6....bought an SD card from Wish.com for $30 and it's working well but it's not in color. From what I've read, any SD card you buy is not updateable unless you use the "toolbox", which works intermittently. My question is, can I buy a Garmin navigation system and mount it on the dash and just not use the factory display? From what I've read the Garmin maps system can be updated as needed and costs a whole lost less than an SD card from the dealership ($400) or GPSupdates.com (who do offer the latest map update for $130) ? Thoughts?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
I still use my Windows Phone for the once or twice a year I need it. Here Now is the app Nokia made for other OS's and it works offline if you download the maps, and it's totally free.

I don't know why more people don't think to just use their phone for nav?
I don't know what a Windows phone is but I'm thinking maybe it's too small is why people don't like to use their phones.for directions. I looked up google maps to find an outpatient surgery center and it led me to the wrong facility. I'm hoping to find the most up to date method possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.