Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, this applies to the people that got the navigation option.

On almost all navigation systems ive seen (aftermarket or not), there is an option of viewing the screen always north up. It is REALLY annoying for me to have to turn my head all the time to see which way is left and right on the screen when i'm all over the damn screen. Now, i've done my research in that bloody book, but didn't find any options, and also searched on the forums, and still had no luck.

Now, this is what i need help in: Any information on the "North Up" option would be helpful (ie, there is no such option in our navi; or you have to click menu >_____>______)

Everybit is helpful, thank you

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It's there - don't know exactly how to do it anymore as I set mine up this way almost a year ago. Check the manual - it's somewhere in the setup menus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is in the first couple of pages in the manual under the nav section. If you press enter while in the position screen (screen that shows where you are) and then move the joystick up to highlight the north arrow, you can click enter and it will change from north always up to the arrow representing the car always up. You can toggle between the two and figure which you like best. I have mine set so that the arrow representing the car is always up because it seems more natural as the car is always moving forward. Personal preference issue though.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Good post... did not know you could do that...

As for "turning your head"... you must not have done well in geometry (highschool class)... Seems second nature to me to picture which direction I have to turn no matter which way the arrow is facing.. That.. and a screen pops up within 1/2 - 2 miles of the turn and tells you which way to turn (car arrow is facing up)...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good post... did not know you could do that...

As for "turning your head"... you must not have done well in geometry (highschool class)... Seems second nature to me to picture which direction I have to turn no matter which way the arrow is facing.. That.. and a screen pops up within 1/2 - 2 miles of the turn and tells you which way to turn (car arrow is facing up)...
[/b]
actually, i did pretty good in geometry, its just more convinent for me to have it north up.

let me go try doing messing about with it.. .again! :irate:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
actually, i did pretty good in geometry, its just more convinent for me to have it north up.
[/b]
good in geometry, bad in grammar and spelling. Zinga... :nana:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hha you're a funny guy andy lol, i'm just a tad bit too lazy to go back and edit my typos, its not english class, now is it? lol

well my car is getting new leather seats on, so i shall try what jayhawk said once i get it back

rear leather seats were getting crap comming out of them, so they're being changd under warranty :-D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hit the joystick down once to get to the map menu and then you can scroll to POI and other stuff...just go to the compass and select it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i got it..

i ment to have the north up off, not on!

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts