Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a pic of 1 of the speed 6 navigation harness's. I am looking for the sync wire. I have labeled the red, green, and blue wires. Notice the blue is actually yellow. Feel free to add any info to this post to help demystify the navi.

[attachmentid=16367]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Here is what I have.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this for the 06's?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup finished the project. now have my ipod video attached to it and can watch movies (not while driving). i did buy a switch though so i can manually flip it between navi and video.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yup finished the project. now have my ipod video attached to it and can watch movies (not while driving). i did buy a switch though so i can manually flip it between navi and video.[/b]
can you share with us how you did this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
can you share with us how you did this?[/b]
I would love to see a how to on this but since Nic has had this mod done for a long time i doubt he will want to tear his car a part to take some pictures.

Just for the record we believe that the sync wire is the wire in the same row as the RGB and all four wires are next to eachother.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its red, green, yellow, white. those are the ones you need to cut. what i did to make mine plug and play was i used a computer power mloex and soldered it onto the wires i cut and soldered another set of molex's onto the video switcher. i then ran the power back from the center console lighter to the switcher (i know there is a better spot to tap but its all i could think of) and used audio male female rca. everything works like a charm. to test everything i bought a bunch of sets of aligator clips so I could hook everything up, make sure it worked then made it my moves. i definately dont want to tear my car up again but i suppose if i get around to it, i could snap a few pics for a walkthrough.

·
Registered
59 Posts
its red, green, yellow, white. those are the ones you need to cut. what i did to make mine plug and play was i used a computer power mloex and soldered it onto the wires i cut and soldered another set of molex's onto the video switcher. i then ran the power back from the center console lighter to the switcher (i know there is a better spot to tap but its all i could think of) and used audio male female rca. everything works like a charm. to test everything i bought a bunch of sets of aligator clips so I could hook everything up, make sure it worked then made it my moves. i definately dont want to tear my car up again but i suppose if i get around to it, i could snap a few pics for a walkthrough.[/b]
id really like it if you could take a few pics, or if you dont want to draw a diagram or something because i would really like to know how to do this. thanks alot

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres some info franchize posted in one of my other threads which goes along with the diagram.

X= Video (RED)
2W= -
2V= Video (Green)
2U= Video GROUND
2T= Video (YELLOW)
2S= -
2R= Video (composite sync) *** (WHITE)
2Q= Shield GROUND
2P= Monitor serial output
2O= Shield GROUND
2N= Monitor serial input

ill put something together when i get time to show you guys.... got a new lady friend..... so yea...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts