Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I don't want to put unnecessary holes in the dash and I always like a stealth look. Here's my idea for stealth gauges:
http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=286 - AVElectronic Navigation Video Interface for Mazda
Basic carputer setup with an output to the video interface input

Need to boot windows (for speed thinking new flash drive and Windows Vista setup) then auto fire off Autoenginuity software that will automatically connect and load up a specific interface.

I've sent a feature request to autoenginuity (Jay Horack) requesting that above capabilitiy AND the following:
Boost gauge (currently only works through the SpeedTracer software)
WBO2
EGT (don't know if this works or not from PCM or have to rig a +5V serial sensor and see if AE can read from it)
Maybe 1 or 2 others

I've also requested the ability for a nice 640x480 output to the screen for a nice large gauge display and the ability to customize the colors so I can match the factory black/red combo.

Anybody have any suggestions? I think this makes for a nice alternative to guages although a bit more expensive....
:)
Mike

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing a while ago - and haven't.

Seems like a good idea though.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
carnetix PSUs will soft boot ur computer when ur turn on and off ur car.

other than that, everything else is simple.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
mmm was thinking about this a long time ago before the MS6...and back then there were no massive flash drives to run windows...

hmm very interested.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sadly this is why i wish i had NOT gotten Navi stock.. because with carputer setup.. you can get nav... touch screen.. and everything else thats 100x better than stock nav... and.... for not much more.... 2000 for stock nav is spendy considering you can get a screen for well under 1000.. and build a cheap computer for also.. under 1000...

However I am considering this idea you've posted... the only problems and things hold me back are... NO software boostguage..... right now there is no way to have a boost guage in windows.... that i've found...

Once someone figures that out... i'll be among the first to get it setup and working =)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Man, that would be awesome if there is someway to get the data presented on the screen. It'd be cool to be able to see AFR, Boost, etc in a digital format on the screen!

If someone comes up with a way, count me in for a group purchase of the needed hardware/software :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boost gauge already exists in AE SpeedTracer software. Jay has emailed me back that there is going to be a developer version coming out in Feb that we can use.
Mike

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Boost gauge already exists in AE SpeedTracer software. Jay has emailed me back that there is going to be a developer version coming out in Feb that we can use.
Mike
[/b]
Sweet, good work! Please keep us posted!!! :drive:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Definitely interested in this thought about it before too. Just dont have the know how. It would be sweet to look at some amberish/reddish gauges that match our cluster up on the navi screen. That would be sick! Definitely add me to that list.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Mike
[/b]
What do you mean? My AE boost gauge works...

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
What do you mean???

Load SpeedTracer, Connect to the car, go to "Boost"... and bam, accurate as can be....

I talked to Jay about it, to get the boost pressure in PSI they use different sensors and some mathematical equations...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I need an all in one interface, you can't load speedtracer and the scan software (as noted in my very first post) to get a good screen on a 7" monitor...
Mike

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, since I don't have my car I'm back to trying to find OBD-II software I can use to output boost in a gauge style.
I've looked and emailed a few people but maybe somebody else might know of something that's not in the first 5 pages of google when searching for OBD-II boost scan software

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I need an all in one interface, you can't load speedtracer and the scan software (as noted in my very first post) to get a good screen on a 7" monitor...
Mike[/b]
So, one would need the scan software and speedtracer running at the same time?

What I would absofrickinlutely love is to be able to turn my navi screen into three electronic stock looking gauges. Boost, egt and oil pressure.

At 52mm a gauge that is a hair over 2" a gauge, so it would be awesome on a 7" screen..

If I get this right I would need the alternate vid input device - $250
A car puter or bootable flash drive - $???
Speedtracer software - $???

Cables, misc etc? What else and how much?

Is this all just a dream or could this be a reality?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd do boost and AFR and oil pressure. Right now AE can't do boost and I'm not sure about oil pressure. It also can't do extra analog inputs.
PCMscan can do analog inputs and they're working on a gauge setup.

Trust me, I will make this into a reality.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd do boost and AFR and oil pressure. Right now AE can't do boost and I'm not sure about oil pressure. It also can't do extra analog inputs.
PCMscan can do analog inputs and they're working on a gauge setup.

Trust me, I will make this into a reality.[/b]
AE?? What did I miss? Speedtracer can do boost right? Isnt that what Wiggum said?

What is AE?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AE = http://www.autoenginuity.com/
Yes it can do boost BUT only boost, if you want to look at other information it disconnects from Speed Tracer (the application that shows boost).
PCMScan = http://www.palmerperformance.com/ - this looks like a better alternative, just need it to either calculate boost OR read a boost gauge sending unit (analog sensor)

I have a motherboard sitting on my desk already, just need RAM and hard drive along with power supply and case to finish it up.
I also have the video input adapter for the monitor, I'm going to use the DCS button to activate it when traction control is off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts