Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trading in my RX8 for a Mazda 6 MPS (as we call it in the UK) and pickup is set for this Saturday.

Both cars have the factory sat nav which appears very similar except the MPS has a remote control unit...

The RX8 system has a hidden menu which facilitates deletion of the history amongst other more scary things (wheel circumference etc...)

It is accessed by:

Setup<ENTER>
Version<ENTER>
up,up,up,down,down,down,up,up

Then you see lots of choices...

(be careful though!) :D

Has anyone accessed this on their Speed6?

(sorry if this is a repost - I'm new here and my search didn't reveal any existing info)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
This is a repost but I'll give you the quick summary. This trick does not work on this nav system. To date, no one has discovered a secret menu on this system.

Look in the In Car Electronics section as well for similar threads.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mutley welcome to the forum...

I had a 2004 mazda 3 and assuiming yu didnt buy a 2006 rx8 and then trade it in, they are actually different nav units. up until I THINK 2005 mazda used pioneer units, and then in 2006 switched to Denso. In either case its a denso, Ive been looking for info like this, and Ive searched high and low to find that landrovers/vettes/and toyotas also share similiar units.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents,

I'll post some pictures when I get the beastie. It will be interesting to see if there are many visible differences between UK and US models.

Our 'Tescos' supermarkets now stock 99RON fuel in their filling stations. The RX8 didn't respond to it (I understand the Wankel engine doesn't gain much power from ignition advance) but I'll run the MPS on it...

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
the up up down down thing works..... i vouch

·
Registered
213 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Works for me!! :drive:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts