·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this on my lunch break.

With everything in the OFF position:

-Turn key to ACC.

-Wait for Nav to go to "Agree" screen.

-Hold and continue to hold the "return" key on the Nav remote.

-Turn the parking lights on and off three times, and let go of "return" button.

You are now in a serious Nav "BIOS" type screen that I dared not ƒ#*% with.
Someone can take a look and maybe figure out how to do something cool with it.
If this is in the manual or already generally known, than whatever. I'm lazy and don't care to look or ask. Sorry.
Otherwise, you have the boys (and girls) over at the Sienna forums to thank for this lil' nugget.
Gotta go; time is money.
Good day.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Time is money.. but not your time i'm guessing.... Heh...

Now that.. THATS outta the way... I might try this for shits and giggles... Sounds pretty goofy and crazy to actually work. Considering I don't think the nav setup is connected with the parking lights in any way shape or form. So if this is a joke... I forgot to laugh...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Time is money.. but not your time i'm guessing.... Heh...

Now that.. THATS outta the way... I might try this for shits and giggles... Sounds pretty goofy and crazy to actually work. Considering I don't think the nav setup is connected with the parking lights in any way shape or form. So if this is a joke... I forgot to laugh...
[/b]
actually the nav is hooked to the lights for the screen brightness adjustment (when you turn them on it dims the screen). I might try that later today, just got to work :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
actually the nav is hooked to the lights for the screen brightness adjustment (when you turn them on it dims the screen). I might try that later today, just got to work :)
[/b]
Or at the version screen hit up up down down, or up down up down. I forget which it is but it takes you to probably the same screen. It was posted somewhere else on here already.

Could be different screens but doesn't sound like it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
since we're on Navi here,

the manual says that if you have the "Auto" selection picked vs. the "Day" or "Night" in the options, the navigation will go into day mode with your lights off and night mode with your lights on. Does this work for anyone? Auto is always like Day mode for me (white background), regardless of my lights being on or off, and if I want the black background on my screen, I have to select "Night". Should I have the dealer fix this? I was going to mention it to them at my next service. After all it does spell it out right in the manual and this is clearly not the way mine is working...

Edit:

nevermind, I went and searched. Thanks WWPearl! I'll try that when I get out of work.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=54890&hl=

·
Registered
213 Posts

the manual says that if you have the "Auto" selection picked vs. the "Day" or "Night" in the options, the navigation will go into day mode with your lights off and night mode with your lights on. Does this work for anyone? Auto is always like Day mode for me (white background), regardless of my lights being on or off, and if I want the black background on my screen, I have to select "Night". Should I have the dealer fix this? I was going to mention it to them at my next service. After all it does spell it out right in the manual and this is clearly not the way mine is working...

Edit:
nevermind, I went and searched. Thanks WWPearl! I'll try that when I get out of work.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=54890&hl=
[/b]
LOL no problem. I was just going to answer too... :D I know where Southington is thats a couple towns away I'm from Wethersfield, Cool seeing another CT guy.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

[/b]
You have the dashboard dimmer switch all the way up go down one click and it'll work fine :)

EDIT - Doh! had that reply minimized for like an hour while I was on a call, guess I waited to long to post as it looks like you may have already found what I said above :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Solved his problem about Day / Night... However has anyone noticed any issues with Nav getting stuck in "night" mode and having to click the dimmer switch down and up to "reset" it? Happens to me every once in a while... Bright day... dark screen can't see shit... no lights are on.... takes me a while to get the darned thing back to normal....

hasn't happened in a while actually...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was just in Southington this weekend at some garbage Holiday Inn Express while most of my compadres were at the Mariott Residence Inn. Wow is CT beautiful this time of year.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Or at the version screen hit up up down down, or up down up down. I forget which it is but it takes you to probably the same screen. It was posted somewhere else on here already.

Could be different screens but doesn't sound like it.
[/b]
This reminds of up down up down, left right left right, A B A B, select start ... good old NES TMNT 2, ha ha.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This reminds of up down up down, left right left right, A B A B, select start ... good old NES TMNT 2, ha ha.
[/b]
LOL. I was thinking that too.

·
Premium Member
4,155 Posts
[/b]
That code was originally used in Gradius, but was made popular through it's use in Contra, which is where I remember it from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

/way off topic, I know

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think if you press up down up down, left right left right, (zoom) ^ v ^ v, back, menu; the vehicle will engage the secret gravity drive so you can select a position on the map and teleport there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That code was originally used in Gradius, but was made popular through it's use in Contra, which is where I remember it from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

/way off topic, I know
[/b]
Contra was

up up down down left right left right b a select start - for 99 lives for 2 players.... take off the select and it will just do 1 player

·
Registered
237 Posts
LOL no problem. I was just going to answer too... :D I know where Southington is thats a couple towns away I'm from Wethersfield, Cool seeing another CT guy.
[/b]
Yeah CT speed6's rule! :drive:

I've actually been seeing them around more lately, makes me happy...Actually was driving through Hartford on I84 next to a WW Pearl one for a while last week, but he pointed out how he had no Navi so it couldn't have been you.

The info worked like a charm. I hadn't even realized that I had my dimmer up all the way the entire time I've owned the car. I kinda like it bright at night! oh well. now I don't have to fuss with the navi to get the background color right at least.

I was just in Southington this weekend at some garbage Holiday Inn Express while most of my compadres were at the Mariott Residence Inn. Wow is CT beautiful this time of year.
[/b]

ahh, That's about a mile from my house. My condolences. And yes, this time of year it's hard to pick whether I want to ride the motorcycle or MS6 around, what with all the leaf peeping we have going on. Almost time to put the bike away for the winter though :(

·
Registered
693 Posts
GREAT FIND!!!

i just wanted to add my 2 cents... holding the return button and flashing your lights on and off can be done at anytime whereever your ignition is on acc or on...

I took some photos of the screen to see if anyone had some input on this. I was able to get mine into tv tuner mode and still get an on screen display but obviously no video as I dont have a vtr hooked up to it. anyway... heres some pics.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I took some photos of the screen to see if anyone had some input on this. I was able to get mine into tv tuner mode and still get an on screen display but obviously no video as I dont have a vtr hooked up to it. anyway... heres some pics.

[/b]
Pretty cool, so this unit does have inputs for TV, VTR and a back-up camera. Not that I'd ever do any of that, but still pretty cool none the less. Thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Well form the looks of it, we have the software for it... now if we have the actual inputs might be a different story, but we do have a bunch of empty slots on the navigation harness's. If I have time im going to tinker with it.

·
Registered
820 Posts
it would be nice to do some sort of diag function that showed the software version, then someone could do it on the CX-7 and verify/deny that they are in fact the same software. Then you could just plug and play with the rear cam.

·
Registered
693 Posts
it would be nice to do some sort of diag function that showed the software version, then someone could do it on the CX-7 and verify/deny that they are in fact the same software. Then you could just plug and play with the rear cam.
[/b]

I had another post regarding that, ryobob claoms the units are made by different distibutors. someone else mentioned that they work at a dealership and its not the same unit. I personally would like to see pics of the actual unit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts